eNewsChannels COLUMN: Is anyone paying attention? Is anyone outraged? If not, go see “Inside Job” a “Wall Street-damning documentary,” as well as “The Company Men.” Both films show that it was not those “greedy homeowners who bought houses they couldn’t afford” that threw this country and the world into the greatest financial crisis since the […]
About Connie Baxter MarlowConnie Baxter Marlow, filmmaker, photographer, writer and speaker is a futurist who feels she has discovered missing pieces to the prevailing paradigm. For 15 years she has been creating forums for dissemination of this missing information primarily through the voices of visionary indigenous elders. She has been speaking at colleges, universities, high schools and independent events around the country on a variety of inspirational topics (www.TheInnStitute.com). Copr. Â© Connie Baxter Marlow. (Note: The opinions expressed by Ms. Marlow do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of this site or its publisher.)
Author Archive | Connie Baxter Marlow
eNewsChannels COLUMN: The following are my personal observations after 12 years of in-depth study of the Mayflower Pilgrims, a 20-year extensive involvement with visionary Native Americans throughout the United States and Mexico and the Bushmen of the Kalahari in Africa. The origin story of the first 50 years of the Plymouth Colony has been out […]
COLUMN: Inspiration reverberates throughout the world as America steps up to its promise of equal opportunity for all, a government “of the people, by the people, for the people”, a bridging of nations, a bridging of races. Where can inspiration take us? To Peace on Earth? In our lifetime? Why not? In the early 1600’s […]
COLUMN: In order to prepare for the new future of peace, harmony and unity, that may be beyond our current understanding, we must act with intention and use information already available to us, as well as commit to listening to and learning from the Earth, her creatures and other aspects, the universal energies, visible and […]
COLUMN: Perhaps we have built a house of cards on a false foundation.
What could be the shift that would put our ship back on course? We must examine our assumptions. What if the following precepts became the foundation for how we are in relationship with each other. I have named it “The Expanded Family” and see it as the evolutionary step beyond the nuclear family concept.
COLUMN: I would like to share my journey with indigenous elders and cultures throughout the United States, Mexico and Africa that led to the development of a worldview I have been implementing in my life for 25 years. I believe indigenous cosmology is important and relevant in the world today and would like to share these ideas with you. The field of quantum physics now “proves” what indigenous peoples have known for millennia.
COLUMN: Thanksgiving Day in Plymouth, Massachusetts is a day when the hopes, dreams and troubles of our nation will find expression. Plymouth has become the symbol of our highest aspirations and our most grievous transgressions. Symbols are important to focus the mind and emotions. A symbol can uplift us, it can take us down; it can bring us together, and it can separate us.
COLUMN: Ours is only a suggestive language attempting to grasp and describe concepts that are beyond words. Our ability to conceptualize is derived from the words we use and the construct we have created to analyze and categorize experiences. The concepts proposed here are outside of the commonly agreed upon construct and beyond any words we might have to describe them.
- In ‘The Remembered Self’ author M.J. Payne depicts the vicious world of sex trafficking of children and eventual recovery Thu, 23 Oct 2014
- EaseUS Todo Backup 7.5 offers the effective backup solutions for Storage Group and Mailbox database in Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Wed, 22 Oct 2014
- 22nd Annual Trucking Industry Defense Association Seminar to feature EPIC’s Michael Nischan on managing risk Wed, 22 Oct 2014
- John Walsh joins EPIC to further strengthen growing Risk Solutions Practice Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- AdaptRM Time Tracking and Invoicing service launches in beta Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- 13th Annual PULSE the Ultimate Halloween Bash to Scare Seattle at the EMP Museum Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- Do Work Relationships Matter? New study results indicating the influence of workplace climate on employee well-being Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- Opinion: My Day as a Douchebag Thu, 03 Jul 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- NewFilmmakers New York screening of ‘Tattoo Nation’ to be held Oct. 6, 2014 Fri, 26 Sep 2014
- Foxhead Books announces new book by Sheldon Lee Compton ‘Where Alligators Sleep’ Fri, 26 Sep 2014
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...
- Opinion: GOP versus USA
- The conservative cabal is wide-ranging and well-funded. Collaborating with their primary...
- Book Review: Making Socialism a Good Word Again John Scott G
- Book Review: Who’s in Charge of Our Laws? ‘Nobody’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 26 ~ Partie Vingt-Six John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 25 ~ Parte Venticinque John Scott G
- Book Review: People Deserve ‘A Fighting Chance’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 24 ~ Parte Veinticuatro John Scott G