eNewsChannels COLUMN: On a recent trip to the east coast to watch my granddaughter graduate from Cornell, I had to drive through NYC to get to Kennedy International Airport. I had been to 48 states in the US, but never to New York, so this seemed like a perfect time to explore. I just never […]
About Shirley RyanShirley Ryan, MS, owns the Working Together Institute (aboutworkingtogether.com), specializing in working with others to develop a deeper, spiritually affirming view of the world, reaching their own higher consciousness and/or a life’s work as a spiritual counselor. She is a inspirational writer and artist making her home in Sacramento with her husband, Robert and two terriers named, Maddie and Alphie.
Author Archive | Shirley Ryan
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Recently I was driving down the street and I had a sudden urge to go home. The urge was strong and I was immediately concerned. I sat there at a red light in peak traffic pondering the now familiar, strange feeling coming from the depths of me. What is it, I thought to […]
eNewsChannels COLUMN: History continues to repeat itself until we wake up and recognize our part in thwarting the cycle of collective evolution. Until we stop making excuses for our actions or inactions, we will always be a slave to our past thinking, to how we treat each other and ourselves. Yes, although you might not […]
COLUMN: Concerned about the plight of the Gulf of Mexico? There is growing intensity around the oil spill and the fingers are flying as people get into the thick of it. There are many discussions and I know from my clients and friends that people feel pretty helpless right now as we see our beautiful […]
COLUMN: The world is in a state of disaster friends, clients and acquaintances exclaim over and over again. Right behind this dialogue is the speculation on why this all happened, how long it will take to turn things around, what they are going to do in the mean time. I have said and will continue […]
COLUMN: Every conversation these days leads to discussions of economic chaos. There are a lot of a big sighs and a sense of doom and futility in voices around my space. But I am not here to discuss these kinds of things with you today. I am not here to carry on the political or […]
COLUMN: Relationships flourish or whither depending on the kind of energy we send to it. Most of us know on some level that applying the right energy to our relationship is the key. Learning to use our energy well is one of the keys to the Secret and Law of Attraction. Subject of much debate, […]
COLUMN: From a spiritual standpoint, communication is probably the most important thing we do everyday. We all think we do our best to convey our thoughts about ideas to each other and for the most part we do. We send out a message to someone and sometimes we are lucky enough to find out that […]
COLUMN: Many years ago, between my work as a therapist and my work as a life coach, I worked in a large public agency as a management trainer and performance coach. I taught managers how to work better with their employees, how to communicate with them most effectively and set performance goals that got the job done. In business, we have performance goals to keep us accountable to the Strategic Plan.
COLUMN: There are magical moments in our lives, you know the times, when everything flows easily and effortlessly and the world is in perfect harmony. We are full of life, at peace, and know all is well. Everywhere we look there is beauty. We catch a glimpse a world in which anything is possible.
COLUMN: We often hear it said that we should be grateful for the things that come into our lives. That an attitude of gratitude can move mountains and that it is important to thank the Universe for our daily bread, our clothes, our health and the other fine things that we are blessed with. Mostly we say the words in rote memorization for those things that we know we should remember to say thank you for and that is a good thing. As the old Jewish proverb says, “when we smile the heart follows.”
COLUMN: The tradition of Valentines Day with its Hallmark fueled frenzy has taken on a life of its own. Studies show that many people, especially men hate Valentine’s Day. This is particularly true of men who feel like they can’t get a handle on what is expected of them during this time. Traditions that play out mechanically add stress, guilt and depression to relationships.
COLUMN: From the beginning of time we have been attracted to each other and to the continuing cycle of life, to gain sustenance, grow and play out a destiny together. This attraction leads to admiration, love, and in due course to higher vibrations of light energy. At love’s first blush, our combined energy is a powerful thing to behold.
COLUMN: We are at the threshold of a great evolutionary and cultural change, and this journey will take us to a place we have never been before. Some are saying that the world, as we know it, will end forever. Maybe so, but not in the way one thinks. Since the beginning of time we have heard prophetic messages about world destruction, along with an array of doom and gloom.
COLUMN: Everyone from beauty queens to politicians wants World Peace. What most don’t know is that peace begins with us! Peace isn’t about what is going on in the Middle East, peace is how we relate to every individual we meet on a daily basis.
COLUMN: We spend our entire lives looking for ways to get what we want and to feel good. The fact of the matter is that it’s actually pretty simple. Here we have two choices in life: living a love-based life or living a fear-based life. Many feelings encompass these two areas. The first is anything that brings pleasure: peace, joy, acceptance, and those things that feel good.
COLUMN: From the standpoint of wishing well to others, we have come a long way baby. In the 80’s we were rather casual as we suggested that people have a “great” day, and in the 90’s we were admonishing them to have an “attitude of gratitude.” Today we say many things to promote peace and good will to each other in the course of our daily lives. Salutations, greetings and closings have taken on new meaning as we move from jet setting competition, to a spirit based collaboration that’s welcoming.
COLUMN: While traveling in Central America, the subject of banditos reared its head to send shivers down everyone’s spine. This is a subject that is near and dear to those who travel internationally. Whenever we discuss third world countries, we get stuck in stereotypes. Third world countries have banditos. Third world countries devalue their women.
- Third Annual Wealth and Passive Income Expo Comes to Houston Fri, 23 Jan 2015
- AccuSure Webinar Shows Businesses How to Save Money and Meet OSHA Form Requirements Fri, 23 Jan 2015
- Road Safe America President Steve Owings Urges DOT to Improve U.S. Commercial Truck Safety Fri, 23 Jan 2015
- ACSIA Partners Grows by Highlighting Productivity Benefits and Providing Custom Outreach Education Program for Each Employer Thu, 22 Jan 2015
- Colorado’s Titan Capital Solutions is Now Purchasing ‘Scratch and Dent’ Mortgage Loans Thu, 22 Jan 2015
- Donation Pages, Inc. Announces Launch new system to revolutionize how campaign contributions are captured Thu, 22 Jan 2015
- Pacific Pinball Museum signs agreement with Phaeno Museum to create unique exhibition of pinball art and science Thu, 22 Jan 2015
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Political Earthquake Super PAC Supports Governor Sarah Palin’s Leadership for America Thu, 08 Jan 2015
- EaseUS Software anounces its new Todo Backup 8.0 with New Backup Technology Fri, 19 Dec 2014
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills Wed, 08 Oct 2014
- Quandis to Partner with Banks and Servicers for New Military Personnel Program Wed, 03 Dec 2014
- SecuGen Corp announces new Hamster Pro Duo/CL Contactless Smart Card, FAP 20, PIV Fingerprint Reader Mon, 08 Dec 2014
- JAF Industries announces new foodie-riffic product for meat lovers and vegans alike: Gold Strike Chili Mon, 08 Dec 2014
- Opinion: GOP Presidential Candidates 2016
- Here at the headquarters of the Anti-Conservative Team, we were fortunate to gain an interview...
- Opinion: GOP Using Children as Lab Rats
- A large number of people are being used as unpaid "volunteers" in what might be called The...
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth?
- Every day from now until the GOP's anti-American political convention in the summer of 2016...