COLUMN: I pre-ordered my new Apple iPad 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G, and so it arrived Friday afternoon. But, being busy, this morning (Saturday) was my first opportunity to connect and sync to my iTunes PC, explore some Apps, and setup the general capabilities of this nifty new gizmo. Wow, very cool. I have zero buyer’s [...]
Archive | Christopher Simmons RSS feed for this section
COLUMN: Well. I’m pretty much the target audience for any science fiction show, having been born and raised on SF films (my parents took me to see 2001: A Space Odyssey at the Cinerama dome at age 6), and TV. I enjoyed the original “V” series with the mall hair, member’s only jackets, and moral [...]
INGOLSTADT/FRANKFURT, Germany — Audi presents the highlight of the IAA 2009: the e-tron, a high-performance sports car with a purely electric drive system. Four motors – two each at the front and rear axles – drive the wheels, making the concept car a true quattro. Producing 230 kW (313 hp) and 4,500 Nm (3,319.03 lb-ft) [...]
COLUMN: So much for GM ‘killing the electric car.’ The new Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle is expected to achieve city fuel economy of at least 230 miles per gallon, based on development testing using a draft EPA federal fuel economy methodology for labeling for plug-in electric vehicles. The Volt, which is scheduled to start [...]
COLUMN: In a move to help simplify the car-shopping process, eBay Motors and General Motors Company today announced the launch of a first-of-its-kind promotion that enables consumers to ‘click and buy’ new cars, crossovers and trucks online from participating California Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Pontiac dealers at outstanding values. The new car shopping website – [...]
COLUMN: According to their official news announcement today: The new General Motors Company began operations today with a new corporate structure, a stronger balance sheet, and a renewed commitment to make the customer the center of everything the new GM does. New GM to focus on customers, cars and culture. “Today marks a new beginning [...]
CarGeek: Jaguar Cars tonight officially unveiled the all-new XJ car at the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, London
COLUMN: Hosted by Jay Leno, one of the world’s best-known chat show hosts and a renowned car enthusiast, the launch of the new Jaguar flagship was attended by an invited audience that included public figures, business leaders, celebrities and media. Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O’Driscoll, commented: “These are truly exciting times for us at [...]
COLUMN: In September 2006, Peter Frampton released his first all-instrumental album, called “Fingerprints.” For the project he was able to bring together not only many of his contemporaries and peers, but also a couple of his long time “heroes” and inspirations, Hank Marvin and Brian Bennett of The Shadows. The album showcases many influences, including [...]
MUSIC REVIEW: I was pretty excited to hear about the new disc “Fingerprints” from Peter Frampton, a seminal guitar god from the ’70s who became enormously famous for his “Frampton Comes Alive” album and for his formant-tube guitar “talk box” sound on that record 30 years ago. I hadn’t really thought about him much lately except when my iTunes jukebox cycled around to his tunes. So, getting the new disc was like hearing from an old friend again.
COLUMN: Companies need to do a better job of policing themselves when signing up new customers on the Internet and through mail campaigns, otherwise they risk contributing to an already serious epidemic of personal and business identity theft. Certain companies are making it a little easier for crooks to get a foot in the door [...]
Just when you think it’s safe to go shopping on eBay for used gear, like a vintage tube mic, or analog keyboard, the phishing artists have to ruin my day. Phishing, is the practice of trying to fool you into going to a website pretending to be a legitimate site, like a bank or eBay, or to contact somebody about a product or service through “real looking” email communications.
COLUMN: Apparently shaving is no longer hip and cool. I’m watching TV, the commercials come on, and I am blinded by the stubble… oh the stubble … Does Paris Hilton think “that’s hot?” Ohmigod! I need to stop shaving or I’m not going to get past that velvet rope!
- PowerGuard Specialty Insurance Services Launches Solar Panel Program Warranty Verification Portal Wed, 19 Jun 2013
- LTC Financial Partners announces a five-part ‘solution set’ for Americans learning to cope with dementia, which includes Alzheimer’s Wed, 19 Jun 2013
- Calif. Governor Brown Announces Appointments for June 18, 2013 including to the California Scientific Guidance Panel Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- Quandis Inc Web-based Technology to Automate Short Sale Transactions selected by PennyMac Financial Services, Inc Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- First iPhone data recovery app to support Apple iOS 7 announced by EaseUS Software Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- Calif. Gov. Brown Announces Appointments for June 17, 2013 including California Natural Resources Agency Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Velplex LLC’s Discount Dental Supply eCommerce Platform ‘TopProdeals’ helps Medical Pros Manage Costs Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- SF Mayor Lee and New York City Mayor Bloomberg to Co-Host Second Annual Bloomberg Technology Summit Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Dallas HD Video Production Company Announces New Name: Phillips MediaSource, previously known as Phillips Productions, Inc. Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Understanding Healthcare Reform is second healthcare video for employers from Edgewood Partners Insurance Center Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- The National Inclusion Project, co-founded by entertainer Clay Aiken, announces it is recipient of JL Simmons NonProfit PR Grant Tue, 23 Apr 2013
- Dance Prodigy and TV star from ‘Dance Moms’ Sophia Lucia will Attempt to Break Guinness World Record Fri, 22 Mar 2013
- GROW Elect welcomes Josh Valdez, DBA to Board, will help to Ensure California Latino Republican Voices Are Heard Thu, 28 Mar 2013
- During National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month Southgate Surgery Center Offers Low and No-Cost Colonoscopies in Michigan Thu, 28 Feb 2013
- Viet Nam veteran and citizen tax reform advocate, John C. Garrison, decries IRS denial of U.S. Workers’ deduction of living expense Mon, 01 Apr 2013
- Could National ‘Snow Gratitude’ Ceremonies Extend Future of SnowSports? Sun, 21 Apr 2013
- US Secretary of State John Kerry announces Ira Forman will serve as the Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism Mon, 20 May 2013
- San Francisco’s First New Fire Station in More Than 40 Years to Meet Safety Needs of Vibrant, Growing Neighborhood Thu, 28 Mar 2013
- Calif. Assemblyman Gatto’s Resolution to Overturn Citizens United Decision Passes First Major Legislative Hurdle Tue, 02 Apr 2013
- Supporters take to Social Media to Promote Archbishop of Manila Cardinal Luis Tagle for Pope Wed, 06 Mar 2013
- Sarah: Who is Kerry going to appoint to combat the worldw...
- neotrope: We're very pleased to help this great nonprofit i...
- april: This is wonderful news! Congratulations to the Nat...
- Linda Davidson: I will pass on and encourage people to "Thank Mot...
- neotrope: We're super happy to be helping this worthy cause...
- Michael Farris: The process for proposing and ratifying a constitu...
- Devany: In order to enforce a judgment against you the she...
- college textbooks: It's a huge contribution indeed! The book written...
- Jillian: What channel is it on? Good luck Sopia!! ...
- Alan Murfee: Despite being very old, it is nice to know that th...
You Might Like
- Congress: Honor Senator Lautenberg and Generations by signing his Chemical Safety Improvement Act!
- OPINION: New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg(D), a phenomenal champion of American Children and...
- GOP Extreme: Book Review of ‘It’s Even Worse than it Looks’ by Thomas E. Mann and Norman J. Ornstein
- REVIEW: Want to know how and why Washington is such a mess? Two respected analysts of...
- How ‘The People’ Can Beat Iranian-American Peace Drums
- ARTICLE: In 1977, fellow Olympic skier Billy Kidd and I had an adventure of a lifetime, skiing...