eNewsChannels COLUMN: Is anyone paying attention? Is anyone outraged? If not, go see “Inside Job” a “Wall Street-damning documentary,” as well as “The Company Men.” Both films show that it was not those “greedy homeowners who bought houses they couldn’t afford” that threw this country and the world into the greatest financial crisis since the […]
Archive | Connie Baxter Marlow RSS feed for this section
eNewsChannels COLUMN: The following are my personal observations after 12 years of in-depth study of the Mayflower Pilgrims, a 20-year extensive involvement with visionary Native Americans throughout the United States and Mexico and the Bushmen of the Kalahari in Africa. The origin story of the first 50 years of the Plymouth Colony has been out […]
COLUMN: Inspiration reverberates throughout the world as America steps up to its promise of equal opportunity for all, a government “of the people, by the people, for the people”, a bridging of nations, a bridging of races. Where can inspiration take us? To Peace on Earth? In our lifetime? Why not? In the early 1600′s […]
COLUMN: In order to prepare for the new future of peace, harmony and unity, that may be beyond our current understanding, we must act with intention and use information already available to us, as well as commit to listening to and learning from the Earth, her creatures and other aspects, the universal energies, visible and […]
COLUMN: Perhaps we have built a house of cards on a false foundation.
What could be the shift that would put our ship back on course? We must examine our assumptions. What if the following precepts became the foundation for how we are in relationship with each other. I have named it “The Expanded Family” and see it as the evolutionary step beyond the nuclear family concept.
COLUMN: I would like to share my journey with indigenous elders and cultures throughout the United States, Mexico and Africa that led to the development of a worldview I have been implementing in my life for 25 years. I believe indigenous cosmology is important and relevant in the world today and would like to share these ideas with you. The field of quantum physics now “proves” what indigenous peoples have known for millennia.
COLUMN: Thanksgiving Day in Plymouth, Massachusetts is a day when the hopes, dreams and troubles of our nation will find expression. Plymouth has become the symbol of our highest aspirations and our most grievous transgressions. Symbols are important to focus the mind and emotions. A symbol can uplift us, it can take us down; it can bring us together, and it can separate us.
COLUMN: Ours is only a suggestive language attempting to grasp and describe concepts that are beyond words. Our ability to conceptualize is derived from the words we use and the construct we have created to analyze and categorize experiences. The concepts proposed here are outside of the commonly agreed upon construct and beyond any words we might have to describe them.
- Jeff Fest 2014 hosts Summer Arts Stage with More than a Dozen Entertainers
- CHICAGO, Ill. /eNewsChannels/ -- NEWS: Chicago's Northwest neighborhood, Jefferson Park,...
- New medical research posits that persons at risk for atherosclerosis could be identified through a simple blood test
- HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ -- NEWS: Larry Weisenthal, M.D., Ph.D., today...
- Jenkins Insurance Services acquired by Edgewood Partners Insurance Center (EPIC)
- SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ -- NEWS: The shareholders of Jenkins Insurance...
- Annual 2014 J.L. Simmons Non-Profit PR Grant announced by Neotrope to Develop Cause Marketing for U.S. Charities
- TORRANCE, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ -- NEWS: Neotrope, a 31 year old brand marketing, PR, and...
- NOW: N.C. Women see an Equal Rights Amendment as a means to stop legislative, legal and economic discrimination
- ASHEVILLE, N.C. /eNewsChannels/ -- NEWS: The Asheville Chapter of the National Organization...
- Opinion: My Day as a Douchebag
- Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, the proverb states. In other words, have some empathy. All...
- Opinion: Conservatives are PINO (Patriots in Name Only)
- Freedom comes at a price. People in the USA have the right to be stupid, just as the rest of us...
- Opinion: A Couple of CON Artists Tell All
- With a shudder in my soul and hand sanitizer in my pocket, I went to interview a couple of...