WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — Today, at the second annual Global Diaspora Forum in Washington, D.C., Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced the opening of the Latin-America IdEA Partnership (La Idea) business competition, which will strengthen engagement with U.S.-based diaspora groups investing in programs in their communities of heritage in the Latin American region. “I’m […]
Archive | Latino Interest RSS feed for this section
Author Raul Ramos y Sanchez is touring Southern California, the setting of his controversial novel ‘America Libre’
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Author Raul Ramos y Sanchez is touring Southern California, the setting of his controversial debut novel AMERICA LIBRE following its July 29th release by Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books). The apocalyptic story, which envisions an armed Latino insurrection in the U.S. Southwest sparked by a violent anti-immigration backlash, has already […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Philatron International and CEO, Founder, and Owner, Phillip M. Ramos, Jr. were honored at the 2008 Latino Business Association Annual SOL awards as top business of the year. This black-tie event involved a “who’s-who” of the Latino entrepreneurial, corporate, and political worlds. The award honored Philatron International in recognition of its […]
MIAMI, Fla. — Home Shopping Latino, Inc. (OTC Pink Sheets: HSPL) this week announced that Ms. Rosario Moreno has joined Home Shopping Latino, as it prepares to launch its Shopping Channel. Rosario will report directly to Federico Teran, Chief Operating Officer. Ms. Moreno brings a 30 year experience in DRTV and television. She has created […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Imagine a night of sensual Latin performers, igniting the dance floor with their passion for life, and their spirit for living. The vibrant strains of the music, combined with the flavors and spicy taste of Tapas and Empanadas, along with the distilled liquid fire of premium Tequila cocktails – this sounds […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Following up on the success of their debut album “Beat Hustlers,” Barcelona Spain’s production trio – known as Pachecos – return with “Fear Of A Green Planet,” an album that pays tribute to the classic Public Enemy album (Fear Of A Black Planet), while also promoting the legalization of their favorite […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Underground Mexican hip-hop artist/entrepreneur, SOLOW13, breaks the music game wide open by establishing his own label, TRUTH LOVES LA WFAMILIA, LLC or simply LAWFAMILIA, LLC. The new imprint is a collaborative partnership between SOLOW13 and famed West Coast label, Latin Thug Records – best known for being founded by Cypress Hill’s Sen Dog and home to the Reyes Brothers, B Real’s “Gunslinger” albums and many other notable releases.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Latin Thug Records presents the debut album from ground-breaking artist SOLOW13. The album will be available in stores and online February 26, 2008. Produced by SOLOW13 and Aaron (T-Bone) Boatright, the project represents a lifetime of work and experiences from this breaking talent. Legendary mastering engineer Brian “Big Bass” Gardner (Eminem, Linkin Park) mastered the project to create what will surely become a classic, iconic album.
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — La Tortilla Oven has been invited by Distinctive Assets Entertainment Marketing to participate in the Gift Bag program for the 8th Annual Latin GRAMMY(R) Awards at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The appreciation of Latin music and food has always been a part of La Tortilla Oven and the driving force behind its success.
DAYTON, Ohio — After five months as a self-published edition, “America Libre,” the controversial debut novel by Raul Ramos y Sanchez has been acquired by Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books). America Libre imagines a nightmarish, not-too-distant future when tensions between Hispanic separatists and Anglo supremacists ignite an ethnic conflict that leads to an armed insurrection.
Sphinx Brings Diversity to Carnegie Hall with the Nation’s Top Young Black and Latino String Players
NEW YORK, N.Y. — Approximately 25% of Americans are Black or Latino. In our nation’s professional orchestras however, Blacks and Latinos combined comprise approximately 4% of the musicians. On September 25, The Sphinx Organization, the non-profit organization dedicated to building diversity in classical music, will present the all Black and Latino Sphinx Chamber Orchestra and Harlem Quartet at Carnegie Hall.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — “When I first read about America Libre, I knew this was an important book,” said Veronica Jacuinde, producer/reporter of On The Up at SiTV. “As the debate over immigration becomes more inflammatory, people need to hear the message of this book. It’s a warning sign of the consequences of overreaction and prejudice.” America Libre (ISBN: 0-595-42606-9), is a novel by Raul Ramos y Sanchez.
DAYTON, Ohio — Raul Ramos y Sanchez, the author of “America Libre,” a novel that contemplates a Hispanic insurrection fueled by mainstream backlash, is discovering just how volatile the immigration issue has become. Right wing bloggers in particular have taken aim at the author. “I wrote America Libre as a cautionary tale about the dangers of extremism on both sides of the immigration controversy.”
DAYTON, Ohio — “America Libre” (ISBN: 0-595-42606-9), a fictional book by Raul Ramos y Sanchez, highlights the growing social tension caused by illegal immigration and shows a possible outcome of the crisis – a civil war that leads to the redrawing of America’s borders.
DULUTH, Ga. — A 45 year-old Hispanic laborer was working on the roof of a plant, located in Whitfield County, vacuuming rock from the membrane roofing system so the roof could be worked on. He was pulling the vacuuming hose used to collect the rock when he tripped and fell onto an exposed skylight. The victim fell 26 feet to the floor below. The fatal accident occurred on February 17, 2006.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Spanish Lead Services (SLS) announced today the launching of, Creditodeauto.com. “Demand for our Spanish auto leads has grown 245% since we’ve returned from the NADA industry show held in Las Vegas, this past February,” said Seth Schiller, President of SLS. “Our outbound Spanish call centers couldn’t keep up with the demand for our Spanish auto lead product. We had no choice but to figure out another way to generate those leads.”
Rumors of Castro Regime’s Imminent Demise Spark Interest in Cuban Diaspora as ‘Broken Paradise’ Hits Bookstores
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Interest in pre-Communist Cuba and Cuban Diaspora issues have caused unprecedented interest in books about Cuba and Cuban Americans. Indeed, a quick Internet search will find an extraordinary 65,396 books currently available about Cuba. The best among them may be the new historical novel, Broken Paradise (ISBN-13: 978-0-7432-8779-1), by Cecilia Samartin.
DAYTON, Ohio — A website launched by Cuban-born author and marketing executive, Raul Ramos y Sanchez, www.MyImmigrationStory.com, enables U.S. immigrants from all nations to share their immigration stories in their own words. “The site’s goal is to show the human side of immigration. I think the time is ripe,” says Ramos.
ORLANDO, Fla. — With the astronomical success of American Idol, there’s no question that America loves to cheer for up-and-coming music stars. Orlando will have an opportunity to help create a new pop star in Latin beauty, Belinda Rio, when she makes her concert debut at the Orlando Repertory Theatre
- Drew’s Tunes Foundation salutes Gov. Bobby Jindal Proclaiming March as Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood Awareness Month Tue, 03 Mar 2015
- Thintri’s Market Alerts suggest New Technologies are Poised to Create Billion-Dollar Markets Mon, 02 Mar 2015
- Louisiana proclaims March 2015 as Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC) Awareness Month Mon, 02 Mar 2015
- Civic Resource Group International Adds Former UN World Tourism official Geoffrey Lipman as Special Advisor Mon, 02 Mar 2015
- TALCB Finds Appraisals Prepared for American International Industries, Inc. Violate 17 USPAP Provisions Mon, 02 Mar 2015
- Opinion: GOP Presidential Campaign Slogans Fri, 27 Feb 2015
- Aspen Art Gallery launches Emerging Artist Program benefitting Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver Fri, 27 Feb 2015
- EaseUS Software anounces its new Todo Backup 8.0 with New Backup Technology Fri, 19 Dec 2014
- Former N.Y. Jet and Marine Wayne Wicka pens autobiography inspired by time with Coach Pete Carroll and New England Patriots Thu, 29 Jan 2015
- Political Earthquake Super PAC Supports Governor Sarah Palin’s Leadership for America Thu, 08 Jan 2015
- Seattle Roofing Expert Aaron Zarling says Investment in Attic Insulation Brings Proven Return Wed, 28 Jan 2015
- Art-In-Relation hosts ‘Fresh A.I.R.’ Musical Theatre and Concert Fundraising Event Wed, 28 Jan 2015
- IMAGINE: Earthrising in 2015 Through Love Songs! Wed, 28 Jan 2015
- Opinion: Sincerely-Held Beliefs – Religiosity is an odious mistake of candidates from both major political parties Wed, 28 Jan 2015
- Opinion: GOP Presidential Campaign Slogans
- The clown car carnival is upon us! Yes, the brigade of braggarts hoping for the GOP...
- Opinion: Sincerely-Held Beliefs – Religiosity is an odious mistake of candidates from both major political parties
- Religiosity is an odious mistake of candidates from both major political parties but is...
- IMAGINE: Earthrising in 2015 Through Love Songs!
- EARTHRISING is a Series on How we can lift each other up higher and higher through harnessing...