WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — Today, at the second annual Global Diaspora Forum in Washington, D.C., Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced the opening of the Latin-America IdEA Partnership (La Idea) business competition, which will strengthen engagement with U.S.-based diaspora groups investing in programs in their communities of heritage in the Latin American region. “I’m [...]
Archive | Latino Interest RSS feed for this section
Author Raul Ramos y Sanchez is touring Southern California, the setting of his controversial novel ‘America Libre’
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Author Raul Ramos y Sanchez is touring Southern California, the setting of his controversial debut novel AMERICA LIBRE following its July 29th release by Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books). The apocalyptic story, which envisions an armed Latino insurrection in the U.S. Southwest sparked by a violent anti-immigration backlash, has already [...]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Philatron International and CEO, Founder, and Owner, Phillip M. Ramos, Jr. were honored at the 2008 Latino Business Association Annual SOL awards as top business of the year. This black-tie event involved a “who’s-who” of the Latino entrepreneurial, corporate, and political worlds. The award honored Philatron International in recognition of its [...]
MIAMI, Fla. — Home Shopping Latino, Inc. (OTC Pink Sheets: HSPL) this week announced that Ms. Rosario Moreno has joined Home Shopping Latino, as it prepares to launch its Shopping Channel. Rosario will report directly to Federico Teran, Chief Operating Officer. Ms. Moreno brings a 30 year experience in DRTV and television. She has created [...]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Imagine a night of sensual Latin performers, igniting the dance floor with their passion for life, and their spirit for living. The vibrant strains of the music, combined with the flavors and spicy taste of Tapas and Empanadas, along with the distilled liquid fire of premium Tequila cocktails – this sounds [...]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Following up on the success of their debut album “Beat Hustlers,” Barcelona Spain’s production trio – known as Pachecos – return with “Fear Of A Green Planet,” an album that pays tribute to the classic Public Enemy album (Fear Of A Black Planet), while also promoting the legalization of their favorite [...]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Underground Mexican hip-hop artist/entrepreneur, SOLOW13, breaks the music game wide open by establishing his own label, TRUTH LOVES LA WFAMILIA, LLC or simply LAWFAMILIA, LLC. The new imprint is a collaborative partnership between SOLOW13 and famed West Coast label, Latin Thug Records – best known for being founded by Cypress Hill’s Sen Dog and home to the Reyes Brothers, B Real’s “Gunslinger” albums and many other notable releases.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Latin Thug Records presents the debut album from ground-breaking artist SOLOW13. The album will be available in stores and online February 26, 2008. Produced by SOLOW13 and Aaron (T-Bone) Boatright, the project represents a lifetime of work and experiences from this breaking talent. Legendary mastering engineer Brian “Big Bass” Gardner (Eminem, Linkin Park) mastered the project to create what will surely become a classic, iconic album.
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — La Tortilla Oven has been invited by Distinctive Assets Entertainment Marketing to participate in the Gift Bag program for the 8th Annual Latin GRAMMY(R) Awards at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The appreciation of Latin music and food has always been a part of La Tortilla Oven and the driving force behind its success.
DAYTON, Ohio — After five months as a self-published edition, “America Libre,” the controversial debut novel by Raul Ramos y Sanchez has been acquired by Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books). America Libre imagines a nightmarish, not-too-distant future when tensions between Hispanic separatists and Anglo supremacists ignite an ethnic conflict that leads to an armed insurrection.
Sphinx Brings Diversity to Carnegie Hall with the Nation’s Top Young Black and Latino String Players
NEW YORK, N.Y. — Approximately 25% of Americans are Black or Latino. In our nation’s professional orchestras however, Blacks and Latinos combined comprise approximately 4% of the musicians. On September 25, The Sphinx Organization, the non-profit organization dedicated to building diversity in classical music, will present the all Black and Latino Sphinx Chamber Orchestra and Harlem Quartet at Carnegie Hall.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — “When I first read about America Libre, I knew this was an important book,” said Veronica Jacuinde, producer/reporter of On The Up at SiTV. “As the debate over immigration becomes more inflammatory, people need to hear the message of this book. It’s a warning sign of the consequences of overreaction and prejudice.” America Libre (ISBN: 0-595-42606-9), is a novel by Raul Ramos y Sanchez.
DAYTON, Ohio — Raul Ramos y Sanchez, the author of “America Libre,” a novel that contemplates a Hispanic insurrection fueled by mainstream backlash, is discovering just how volatile the immigration issue has become. Right wing bloggers in particular have taken aim at the author. “I wrote America Libre as a cautionary tale about the dangers of extremism on both sides of the immigration controversy.”
DAYTON, Ohio — “America Libre” (ISBN: 0-595-42606-9), a fictional book by Raul Ramos y Sanchez, highlights the growing social tension caused by illegal immigration and shows a possible outcome of the crisis – a civil war that leads to the redrawing of America’s borders.
DULUTH, Ga. — A 45 year-old Hispanic laborer was working on the roof of a plant, located in Whitfield County, vacuuming rock from the membrane roofing system so the roof could be worked on. He was pulling the vacuuming hose used to collect the rock when he tripped and fell onto an exposed skylight. The victim fell 26 feet to the floor below. The fatal accident occurred on February 17, 2006.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Spanish Lead Services (SLS) announced today the launching of, Creditodeauto.com. “Demand for our Spanish auto leads has grown 245% since we’ve returned from the NADA industry show held in Las Vegas, this past February,” said Seth Schiller, President of SLS. “Our outbound Spanish call centers couldn’t keep up with the demand for our Spanish auto lead product. We had no choice but to figure out another way to generate those leads.”
Rumors of Castro Regime’s Imminent Demise Spark Interest in Cuban Diaspora as ‘Broken Paradise’ Hits Bookstores
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Interest in pre-Communist Cuba and Cuban Diaspora issues have caused unprecedented interest in books about Cuba and Cuban Americans. Indeed, a quick Internet search will find an extraordinary 65,396 books currently available about Cuba. The best among them may be the new historical novel, Broken Paradise (ISBN-13: 978-0-7432-8779-1), by Cecilia Samartin.
DAYTON, Ohio — A website launched by Cuban-born author and marketing executive, Raul Ramos y Sanchez, www.MyImmigrationStory.com, enables U.S. immigrants from all nations to share their immigration stories in their own words. “The site’s goal is to show the human side of immigration. I think the time is ripe,” says Ramos.
ORLANDO, Fla. — With the astronomical success of American Idol, there’s no question that America loves to cheer for up-and-coming music stars. Orlando will have an opportunity to help create a new pop star in Latin beauty, Belinda Rio, when she makes her concert debut at the Orlando Repertory Theatre
- Bill to Protect Local Calif. Governments from Dog Park Liability Passes Assembly Mon, 20 May 2013
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Ten-Year Capital Improvement Plan announced by SF Mayor Lee Mon, 20 May 2013
- U.S. Department of State Hosts EMPOWER Conference to Advance Disability Rights Worldwide Mon, 20 May 2013
- US Secretary of State John Kerry announces Ira Forman will serve as the Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism Mon, 20 May 2013
- Edgewood Partners Insurance Center launches Denver office and welcomes Brokers Kathleen Felderman and Jonathan Griffiths Mon, 20 May 2013
- LTC Partners and Insurance Services, LLC to provide long-term care education to member banks of the California Bankers Association Mon, 20 May 2013
- Digiarty offers Memorial Day special licenses for Summer Movie Lovers on WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Fri, 17 May 2013
- California slated to be first state in the nation to provide voter registration through Health Benefit Exchange similar to ‘Motor Voter’ Fri, 17 May 2013
- The National Inclusion Project, co-founded by entertainer Clay Aiken, announces it is recipient of JL Simmons NonProfit PR Grant Tue, 23 Apr 2013
- Dance Prodigy and TV star from ‘Dance Moms’ Sophia Lucia will Attempt to Break Guinness World Record Fri, 22 Mar 2013
- Calif. Assemblyman Gatto’s Resolution to Overturn Citizens United Decision Passes First Major Legislative Hurdle Tue, 02 Apr 2013
- Neotrope to assist Food Finders Inc to Redistribute Food Donated by California Hospitality Industry and Local Grocers to Fight Hunger Fri, 19 Apr 2013
- San Francisco’s First New Fire Station in More Than 40 Years to Meet Safety Needs of Vibrant, Growing Neighborhood Thu, 28 Mar 2013
- Supporters take to Social Media to Promote Archbishop of Manila Cardinal Luis Tagle for Pope Wed, 06 Mar 2013
- GROW Elect welcomes Josh Valdez, DBA to Board, will help to Ensure California Latino Republican Voices Are Heard Thu, 28 Mar 2013
- Could National ‘Snow Gratitude’ Ceremonies Extend Future of SnowSports? Sun, 21 Apr 2013
- neotrope: We're very pleased to help this great nonprofit i...
- april: This is wonderful news! Congratulations to the Nat...
- Linda Davidson: I will pass on and encourage people to "Thank Mot...
- neotrope: We're super happy to be helping this worthy cause...
- Michael Farris: The process for proposing and ratifying a constitu...
- Devany: In order to enforce a judgment against you the she...
- college textbooks: It's a huge contribution indeed! The book written...
- Jillian: What channel is it on? Good luck Sopia!! ...
You Might Like
- How ‘The People’ Can Beat Iranian-American Peace Drums
- ARTICLE: In 1977, fellow Olympic skier Billy Kidd and I had an adventure of a lifetime, skiing...
- Book Review: Gadget Go Boom – ‘The Girls of Atomic City’ by Denise Kiernan
- REVIEW: When you're at work, you have some idea of the product or service your employer...
- Book Review: Shabazz! ‘Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention’ by Manning Marable
- REVIEW: Malcolm X is still controversial nearly 50 years after his assassination. In examining...