WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — Today, at the second annual Global Diaspora Forum in Washington, D.C., Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced the opening of the Latin-America IdEA Partnership (La Idea) business competition, which will strengthen engagement with U.S.-based diaspora groups investing in programs in their communities of heritage in the Latin American region. “I’m […]
Archive | Latino Interest RSS feed for this section
Author Raul Ramos y Sanchez is touring Southern California, the setting of his controversial novel ‘America Libre’
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Author Raul Ramos y Sanchez is touring Southern California, the setting of his controversial debut novel AMERICA LIBRE following its July 29th release by Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books). The apocalyptic story, which envisions an armed Latino insurrection in the U.S. Southwest sparked by a violent anti-immigration backlash, has already […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Philatron International and CEO, Founder, and Owner, Phillip M. Ramos, Jr. were honored at the 2008 Latino Business Association Annual SOL awards as top business of the year. This black-tie event involved a “who’s-who” of the Latino entrepreneurial, corporate, and political worlds. The award honored Philatron International in recognition of its […]
MIAMI, Fla. — Home Shopping Latino, Inc. (OTC Pink Sheets: HSPL) this week announced that Ms. Rosario Moreno has joined Home Shopping Latino, as it prepares to launch its Shopping Channel. Rosario will report directly to Federico Teran, Chief Operating Officer. Ms. Moreno brings a 30 year experience in DRTV and television. She has created […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Imagine a night of sensual Latin performers, igniting the dance floor with their passion for life, and their spirit for living. The vibrant strains of the music, combined with the flavors and spicy taste of Tapas and Empanadas, along with the distilled liquid fire of premium Tequila cocktails – this sounds […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Following up on the success of their debut album “Beat Hustlers,” Barcelona Spain’s production trio – known as Pachecos – return with “Fear Of A Green Planet,” an album that pays tribute to the classic Public Enemy album (Fear Of A Black Planet), while also promoting the legalization of their favorite […]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Underground Mexican hip-hop artist/entrepreneur, SOLOW13, breaks the music game wide open by establishing his own label, TRUTH LOVES LA WFAMILIA, LLC or simply LAWFAMILIA, LLC. The new imprint is a collaborative partnership between SOLOW13 and famed West Coast label, Latin Thug Records – best known for being founded by Cypress Hill’s Sen Dog and home to the Reyes Brothers, B Real’s “Gunslinger” albums and many other notable releases.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Latin Thug Records presents the debut album from ground-breaking artist SOLOW13. The album will be available in stores and online February 26, 2008. Produced by SOLOW13 and Aaron (T-Bone) Boatright, the project represents a lifetime of work and experiences from this breaking talent. Legendary mastering engineer Brian “Big Bass” Gardner (Eminem, Linkin Park) mastered the project to create what will surely become a classic, iconic album.
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — La Tortilla Oven has been invited by Distinctive Assets Entertainment Marketing to participate in the Gift Bag program for the 8th Annual Latin GRAMMY(R) Awards at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The appreciation of Latin music and food has always been a part of La Tortilla Oven and the driving force behind its success.
DAYTON, Ohio — After five months as a self-published edition, “America Libre,” the controversial debut novel by Raul Ramos y Sanchez has been acquired by Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books). America Libre imagines a nightmarish, not-too-distant future when tensions between Hispanic separatists and Anglo supremacists ignite an ethnic conflict that leads to an armed insurrection.
Sphinx Brings Diversity to Carnegie Hall with the Nation’s Top Young Black and Latino String Players
NEW YORK, N.Y. — Approximately 25% of Americans are Black or Latino. In our nation’s professional orchestras however, Blacks and Latinos combined comprise approximately 4% of the musicians. On September 25, The Sphinx Organization, the non-profit organization dedicated to building diversity in classical music, will present the all Black and Latino Sphinx Chamber Orchestra and Harlem Quartet at Carnegie Hall.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — “When I first read about America Libre, I knew this was an important book,” said Veronica Jacuinde, producer/reporter of On The Up at SiTV. “As the debate over immigration becomes more inflammatory, people need to hear the message of this book. It’s a warning sign of the consequences of overreaction and prejudice.” America Libre (ISBN: 0-595-42606-9), is a novel by Raul Ramos y Sanchez.
DAYTON, Ohio — Raul Ramos y Sanchez, the author of “America Libre,” a novel that contemplates a Hispanic insurrection fueled by mainstream backlash, is discovering just how volatile the immigration issue has become. Right wing bloggers in particular have taken aim at the author. “I wrote America Libre as a cautionary tale about the dangers of extremism on both sides of the immigration controversy.”
DAYTON, Ohio — “America Libre” (ISBN: 0-595-42606-9), a fictional book by Raul Ramos y Sanchez, highlights the growing social tension caused by illegal immigration and shows a possible outcome of the crisis – a civil war that leads to the redrawing of America’s borders.
DULUTH, Ga. — A 45 year-old Hispanic laborer was working on the roof of a plant, located in Whitfield County, vacuuming rock from the membrane roofing system so the roof could be worked on. He was pulling the vacuuming hose used to collect the rock when he tripped and fell onto an exposed skylight. The victim fell 26 feet to the floor below. The fatal accident occurred on February 17, 2006.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Spanish Lead Services (SLS) announced today the launching of, Creditodeauto.com. “Demand for our Spanish auto leads has grown 245% since we’ve returned from the NADA industry show held in Las Vegas, this past February,” said Seth Schiller, President of SLS. “Our outbound Spanish call centers couldn’t keep up with the demand for our Spanish auto lead product. We had no choice but to figure out another way to generate those leads.”
Rumors of Castro Regime’s Imminent Demise Spark Interest in Cuban Diaspora as ‘Broken Paradise’ Hits Bookstores
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Interest in pre-Communist Cuba and Cuban Diaspora issues have caused unprecedented interest in books about Cuba and Cuban Americans. Indeed, a quick Internet search will find an extraordinary 65,396 books currently available about Cuba. The best among them may be the new historical novel, Broken Paradise (ISBN-13: 978-0-7432-8779-1), by Cecilia Samartin.
DAYTON, Ohio — A website launched by Cuban-born author and marketing executive, Raul Ramos y Sanchez, www.MyImmigrationStory.com, enables U.S. immigrants from all nations to share their immigration stories in their own words. “The site’s goal is to show the human side of immigration. I think the time is ripe,” says Ramos.
ORLANDO, Fla. — With the astronomical success of American Idol, there’s no question that America loves to cheer for up-and-coming music stars. Orlando will have an opportunity to help create a new pop star in Latin beauty, Belinda Rio, when she makes her concert debut at the Orlando Repertory Theatre
- SUDC Foundation commends U.S. Senate passage of Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act on Nov. 20 Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- Evan Skrederstu has produced an exclusive collection of 12 art prints entitled ‘Titanus’ for ArteQuesta clients Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs among recipients of 2014 NonProfit PR Grants Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- U.S. Secretary of State’s prestigious 2014 Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE) 2014 Finalists Announced Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- California-based Team AMVETS Welcome Home Program wins 2014 Neotrope NonProfit PR Grant Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- DEMO Fall 2014: AccuSure launches Cloud Solution for Commercial Insurance Thu, 20 Nov 2014
- EaseUS Software announces Partition Master 10.2 and ‘Buy one, get one Free’ Black Friday Deals Thu, 20 Nov 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Weitz and Luxenberg to launch investigation on alleged Chrysler vehicle danger from TIPM Computer Wed, 17 Sep 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- AdaptRM Time Tracking and Invoicing service launches in beta Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- John Walsh joins EPIC to further strengthen growing Risk Solutions Practice Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth?
- Every day from now until the GOP's anti-American political convention in the summer of 2016...
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...
- Book Review: Making Socialism a Good Word Again John Scott G
- Book Review: Who’s in Charge of Our Laws? ‘Nobody’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 26 ~ Partie Vingt-Six John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 25 ~ Parte Venticinque John Scott G
- Book Review: People Deserve ‘A Fighting Chance’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 24 ~ Parte Veinticuatro John Scott G