CHICAGO, Ill. /eNewsChannels/ NEWS: Top entrepreneurs participating in the State Department’s Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Entrepreneurship Journey will arrive in Chicago this week to begin their 14-day program. The entrepreneurs, from Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Pakistan, Tunisia, and Uganda, will experience a customized and highly curated program – workshops, mentoring, and interactions […]
Archive | News: Sciences RSS feed for this section
Monrovia High School’s ‘Kings And Queens’ robotics team head to First Tech Challenge Robotics World Championship
MONROVIA, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: Five young women from Monrovia High School and their rhinestone-encrusted robot qualified to advance to the 2014 First Tech Challenge Robotics World Championships as a result of their strong performance at the West Super-Regional Robotics Tournament held near Sacramento at the former McClellan Air Force Base this past weekend, the Monrovia High School Robotics Program announced today.
MONTREAL, Quebec /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: According to the Pantheory Research Organization, a new study of type 1a supernova data has concluded, for the first time, that dark energy probably does not exist. The paper is entitled ‘An Alternative Universe-Scale Analytic Metrology and Related Cosmological Model.’ The paper was published in the February 2014 issue of the journal of Applied Physics Research, by the Canadian Center of Science and Education.
MONROVIA, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: Five young women from Monrovia High School and their rhinestone-encrusted robot won the top Inspire Award at the Los Angeles FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge) Regional Championship Tournament held at Monrovia this past Saturday, the Monrovia High School Robotics Program announced today. Along with six other teams from cities ranging from Santa Barbara to San Diego, they advance to compete with top teams from eleven western states.
New science book ‘Spacedrive, Warpdrive, Free Energy and Other Ideas’ tackles nuclear fusion and warpdrives
TORONTO, Ontario /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: A new book, ‘Spacedrive, Warpdrive, Free Energy and Other Ideas’ (ISBN: 978-146-792-0926), authored by Tom Prendivoj, explores and challenges an array of scientific theories and situations. His concepts and principles pose problems and solutions, leaving the reader wanting more.
BOSTON, Mass. /eNewsChannels/ — The Office of the Science and Technology Adviser to the Secretary (STAS), in partnership with the Embassy of Ireland, will host an event on Networks of Diasporas in Engineering and Science (NODES), an initiative that seeks to support diaspora knowledge networks in science and engineering fields, on February 14, 2013 in […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — On July 25, Deputy Secretary of State Bill Burns announced the creation of Networks of Diasporas in Engineering and Science, or NODES, at an event organized by the Office of the Science and Technology Adviser to the Secretary of State (STAS). At the same event, Under Secretary of State for Public […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The Governments of the United States of America and the Argentine Republic will hold the first bilateral Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) on Science and Technology Cooperation at the National Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Science in Buenos Aires on September 2-3, 2010. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Science, Space […]
Discovering Ardi – LifeModeler’s biomechanical simulation software helped scientists visualize motion
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. — The recent news of “Ardi,” the oldest and most complete hominid skeleton yet discovered, continues to generate worldwide interest. LifeModeler, Inc. has reason to pay close attention. The company’s LifeMOD(TM) biomechanical simulation software helped researchers understand how the 4.4 million-year-old Ardipithecus ramidus female walked and moved. LifeModeler’s founder, Shawn McGuan, worked […]
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Nine-time world champion surfer, Kelly Slater, and his big wave companion, Raimana Van Bastolaer, have completed principal photography for Ultimate Wave Tahiti, the first 3D IMAX(R) and giant screen theater film to use extreme surfing to focus on the science of waves, according to its executive producer, K2 Communications, Inc. The […]
WILMINGTON, Del. — Abacalab, Inc. releases Version 2.1 of the Chemistry Labacus(R) mobile laboratory assistant for chemists. Labacus(R) fills a key gap in laboratory information management between the notebook or desktop computer and the physical laboratory environment where chemistry actually happens.
- Seattle Roofer Aaron Zarling is now Testing the Use of Drones for Surveying Storm Damage Thu, 18 Dec 2014
- Think Through Learning Announces Winning Schools of 6th Annual Idaho Math Cup Thu, 18 Dec 2014
- $20-Million Verdict against Burnham, LLC for Mesothelioma Victim won by Weitz and Luxenberg Thu, 18 Dec 2014
- Hungry, an online food-delivery portal, grows by accepting Bitcoin payments using Coinify Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- At CES 2015 Las Vegas, SecuGen Corp. to Showcase its New U20 and SDA04PX Fingerprint Sensors Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- Global DMS VP Jody Collup wins Women of Distinction Award Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- Recipients of NonProfit PR Grants for Worthy Causes 2014 announced by Neotrope Mon, 15 Dec 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- Weitz and Luxenberg to launch investigation on alleged Chrysler vehicle danger from TIPM Computer Wed, 17 Sep 2014
- James Allen Jewelers Collaborates with Sears, Roebuck and Co. in Redefining Omni-Channel Bridal Jewelry Mon, 10 Nov 2014
- TV Star Cory Chalmers of ‘Hoarders’ is making guest appearance at Steri-Clean franchise opening in Sacramento, Calif. Mon, 10 Nov 2014
- Kickstarter Campaign: Waterator Industries Inc. is changing the face of conservation by using vapor in the air Mon, 10 Nov 2014
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth?
- Every day from now until the GOP's anti-American political convention in the summer of 2016...
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...