CHICAGO, Ill. /eNewsChannels/ NEWS: Top entrepreneurs participating in the State Department’s Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Entrepreneurship Journey will arrive in Chicago this week to begin their 14-day program. The entrepreneurs, from Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Pakistan, Tunisia, and Uganda, will experience a customized and highly curated program – workshops, mentoring, and interactions […]
Archive | News: Sciences RSS feed for this section
Monrovia High School’s ‘Kings And Queens’ robotics team head to First Tech Challenge Robotics World Championship
MONROVIA, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: Five young women from Monrovia High School and their rhinestone-encrusted robot qualified to advance to the 2014 First Tech Challenge Robotics World Championships as a result of their strong performance at the West Super-Regional Robotics Tournament held near Sacramento at the former McClellan Air Force Base this past weekend, the Monrovia High School Robotics Program announced today.
MONTREAL, Quebec /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: According to the Pantheory Research Organization, a new study of type 1a supernova data has concluded, for the first time, that dark energy probably does not exist. The paper is entitled ‘An Alternative Universe-Scale Analytic Metrology and Related Cosmological Model.’ The paper was published in the February 2014 issue of the journal of Applied Physics Research, by the Canadian Center of Science and Education.
MONROVIA, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: Five young women from Monrovia High School and their rhinestone-encrusted robot won the top Inspire Award at the Los Angeles FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge) Regional Championship Tournament held at Monrovia this past Saturday, the Monrovia High School Robotics Program announced today. Along with six other teams from cities ranging from Santa Barbara to San Diego, they advance to compete with top teams from eleven western states.
New science book ‘Spacedrive, Warpdrive, Free Energy and Other Ideas’ tackles nuclear fusion and warpdrives
TORONTO, Ontario /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: A new book, ‘Spacedrive, Warpdrive, Free Energy and Other Ideas’ (ISBN: 978-146-792-0926), authored by Tom Prendivoj, explores and challenges an array of scientific theories and situations. His concepts and principles pose problems and solutions, leaving the reader wanting more.
BOSTON, Mass. /eNewsChannels/ — The Office of the Science and Technology Adviser to the Secretary (STAS), in partnership with the Embassy of Ireland, will host an event on Networks of Diasporas in Engineering and Science (NODES), an initiative that seeks to support diaspora knowledge networks in science and engineering fields, on February 14, 2013 in […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — On July 25, Deputy Secretary of State Bill Burns announced the creation of Networks of Diasporas in Engineering and Science, or NODES, at an event organized by the Office of the Science and Technology Adviser to the Secretary of State (STAS). At the same event, Under Secretary of State for Public […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The Governments of the United States of America and the Argentine Republic will hold the first bilateral Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) on Science and Technology Cooperation at the National Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Science in Buenos Aires on September 2-3, 2010. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Science, Space […]
Discovering Ardi – LifeModeler’s biomechanical simulation software helped scientists visualize motion
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. — The recent news of “Ardi,” the oldest and most complete hominid skeleton yet discovered, continues to generate worldwide interest. LifeModeler, Inc. has reason to pay close attention. The company’s LifeMOD(TM) biomechanical simulation software helped researchers understand how the 4.4 million-year-old Ardipithecus ramidus female walked and moved. LifeModeler’s founder, Shawn McGuan, worked […]
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Nine-time world champion surfer, Kelly Slater, and his big wave companion, Raimana Van Bastolaer, have completed principal photography for Ultimate Wave Tahiti, the first 3D IMAX(R) and giant screen theater film to use extreme surfing to focus on the science of waves, according to its executive producer, K2 Communications, Inc. The […]
WILMINGTON, Del. — Abacalab, Inc. releases Version 2.1 of the Chemistry Labacus(R) mobile laboratory assistant for chemists. Labacus(R) fills a key gap in laboratory information management between the notebook or desktop computer and the physical laboratory environment where chemistry actually happens.
- NOMOREHEX portal educates manufacturers about European mandate banning use of hexavalent decorative chromium chemistry Thu, 21 Aug 2014
- New ArteQuesta website focuses on art as an investment and the current state of the art market Wed, 20 Aug 2014
- Global DMS VP Marketing Jody Collup Named a Top 25 Most Connected Mortgage Professional Tue, 19 Aug 2014
- EaseUS Todo Backup 7 update features new user interface and Smart Backup Tue, 19 Aug 2014
- African American inventor George A. McKinney launches crowdfunding campaign for patented invention to save kids from drowning Mon, 18 Aug 2014
- The Compliance Group Inc Grows Business by 20 Percent in Q2-2014 Mon, 18 Aug 2014
- ImmersiON-VRelia and International Immersion Industries partner for commercial virtual reality entertainment Sat, 16 Aug 2014
- Opinion: Conservatives are PINO (Patriots in Name Only) Wed, 04 Jun 2014
- Opinion: My Day as a Douchebag Thu, 03 Jul 2014
- Complete Solution for Windows XP to Windows 8 Upgrade offered by EaseUS Software Wed, 28 May 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Annual 2014 J.L. Simmons Non-Profit PR Grant announced by Neotrope to Develop Cause Marketing for U.S. Charities Thu, 17 Jul 2014
- EaseUS Backup and Recovery Solution is designed for small and medium businesses (SMB) with limited IT resources Mon, 07 Jul 2014
- Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival 2014 Announces Musical Lineup for Annual Event in Chicago Fri, 04 Jul 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief
- What do normal, decent people believe? By comparison, what do conservatives believe? As anyone...
- Opinion: My Day as a Douchebag
- Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, the proverb states. In other words, have some empathy. All...
- Opinion: Conservatives are PINO (Patriots in Name Only)
- Freedom comes at a price. People in the USA have the right to be stupid, just as the rest of us...