CHICAGO, Ill. /eNewsChannels/ NEWS: Top entrepreneurs participating in the State Department’s Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Entrepreneurship Journey will arrive in Chicago this week to begin their 14-day program. The entrepreneurs, from Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Pakistan, Tunisia, and Uganda, will experience a customized and highly curated program – workshops, mentoring, and interactions […]
Archive | News: Sciences RSS feed for this section
Monrovia High School’s ‘Kings And Queens’ robotics team head to First Tech Challenge Robotics World Championship
MONROVIA, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: Five young women from Monrovia High School and their rhinestone-encrusted robot qualified to advance to the 2014 First Tech Challenge Robotics World Championships as a result of their strong performance at the West Super-Regional Robotics Tournament held near Sacramento at the former McClellan Air Force Base this past weekend, the Monrovia High School Robotics Program announced today.
MONTREAL, Quebec /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: According to the Pantheory Research Organization, a new study of type 1a supernova data has concluded, for the first time, that dark energy probably does not exist. The paper is entitled ‘An Alternative Universe-Scale Analytic Metrology and Related Cosmological Model.’ The paper was published in the February 2014 issue of the journal of Applied Physics Research, by the Canadian Center of Science and Education.
MONROVIA, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: Five young women from Monrovia High School and their rhinestone-encrusted robot won the top Inspire Award at the Los Angeles FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge) Regional Championship Tournament held at Monrovia this past Saturday, the Monrovia High School Robotics Program announced today. Along with six other teams from cities ranging from Santa Barbara to San Diego, they advance to compete with top teams from eleven western states.
New science book ‘Spacedrive, Warpdrive, Free Energy and Other Ideas’ tackles nuclear fusion and warpdrives
TORONTO, Ontario /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: A new book, ‘Spacedrive, Warpdrive, Free Energy and Other Ideas’ (ISBN: 978-146-792-0926), authored by Tom Prendivoj, explores and challenges an array of scientific theories and situations. His concepts and principles pose problems and solutions, leaving the reader wanting more.
BOSTON, Mass. /eNewsChannels/ — The Office of the Science and Technology Adviser to the Secretary (STAS), in partnership with the Embassy of Ireland, will host an event on Networks of Diasporas in Engineering and Science (NODES), an initiative that seeks to support diaspora knowledge networks in science and engineering fields, on February 14, 2013 in […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — On July 25, Deputy Secretary of State Bill Burns announced the creation of Networks of Diasporas in Engineering and Science, or NODES, at an event organized by the Office of the Science and Technology Adviser to the Secretary of State (STAS). At the same event, Under Secretary of State for Public […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The Governments of the United States of America and the Argentine Republic will hold the first bilateral Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) on Science and Technology Cooperation at the National Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Science in Buenos Aires on September 2-3, 2010. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Science, Space […]
Discovering Ardi – LifeModeler’s biomechanical simulation software helped scientists visualize motion
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. — The recent news of “Ardi,” the oldest and most complete hominid skeleton yet discovered, continues to generate worldwide interest. LifeModeler, Inc. has reason to pay close attention. The company’s LifeMOD(TM) biomechanical simulation software helped researchers understand how the 4.4 million-year-old Ardipithecus ramidus female walked and moved. LifeModeler’s founder, Shawn McGuan, worked […]
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Nine-time world champion surfer, Kelly Slater, and his big wave companion, Raimana Van Bastolaer, have completed principal photography for Ultimate Wave Tahiti, the first 3D IMAX(R) and giant screen theater film to use extreme surfing to focus on the science of waves, according to its executive producer, K2 Communications, Inc. The […]
WILMINGTON, Del. — Abacalab, Inc. releases Version 2.1 of the Chemistry Labacus(R) mobile laboratory assistant for chemists. Labacus(R) fills a key gap in laboratory information management between the notebook or desktop computer and the physical laboratory environment where chemistry actually happens.
- SUDC Foundation commends U.S. Senate passage of Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act on Nov. 20 Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- Evan Skrederstu has produced an exclusive collection of 12 art prints entitled ‘Titanus’ for ArteQuesta clients Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs among recipients of 2014 NonProfit PR Grants Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- U.S. Secretary of State’s prestigious 2014 Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE) 2014 Finalists Announced Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- California-based Team AMVETS Welcome Home Program wins 2014 Neotrope NonProfit PR Grant Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- DEMO Fall 2014: AccuSure launches Cloud Solution for Commercial Insurance Thu, 20 Nov 2014
- EaseUS Software announces Partition Master 10.2 and ‘Buy one, get one Free’ Black Friday Deals Thu, 20 Nov 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Weitz and Luxenberg to launch investigation on alleged Chrysler vehicle danger from TIPM Computer Wed, 17 Sep 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- AdaptRM Time Tracking and Invoicing service launches in beta Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- John Walsh joins EPIC to further strengthen growing Risk Solutions Practice Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth?
- Every day from now until the GOP's anti-American political convention in the summer of 2016...
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...
- Book Review: Making Socialism a Good Word Again John Scott G
- Book Review: Who’s in Charge of Our Laws? ‘Nobody’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 26 ~ Partie Vingt-Six John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 25 ~ Parte Venticinque John Scott G
- Book Review: People Deserve ‘A Fighting Chance’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 24 ~ Parte Veinticuatro John Scott G