NORFOLK, Va. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: Dr. Archie W. Earl, Sr., Associate Professor of Mathematics, in the College of Science, Engineering, and Technology, at Norfolk State University, has received a Service Award, recognizing him for 25 Years of Service Excellence to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Tag Archives | African American Interests
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS: The Beyond Diversity Resource Center announces publication of a supplement to its book on racial dialogue in America, ‘The Anti-Racist Cookbook.’ The introduction to the supplement states, ‘Today, people of color have less to fear from the overt actions of a Ku-Klux-Klan lynch mob than from the implicit bias of a gun-carrying member of a neighborhood watch.’
Activist Sister Souljah will headline Global Summer Reading Initiative discussing highly anticipated follow up to her book ‘Coldest Winter Ever’
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — New York Times Best Selling Author and Activist Sister Souljah will headline a Global Summer Reading Initiative discussing a highly anticipated follow up to her book ‘Coldest Winter Ever.’ This new novel, ‘A Deeper Love Inside: The Porsche Santiaga Story’ (ISBN: 978-1439165317) will be the central topic of discussion for young people across the globe, as they come together to discuss and encourage the importance of Summer Reading.
Award-winning crime author Ron Chepesiuk investigates unsolved disappearance of legendary drug kingpin Frank Matthews in new book ‘Black Caesar’
NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. /eNewsChannels/ — Award-winning crime author Ron Chepesiuk goes in deep to investigate the unsolved disappearance of the legendary drug kingpin Frank Matthews with his new book, “Black Caesar: The Rise and Disappearance of Frank Matthews, Kingpin” (ISBN: 978-0-9852440-1-9; Strategic Media Books).
Census Bureau Report Confirms that Blacks Voted at a Higher Rate than Whites in 2012 Election and Black Women Surpassed Everyone
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — NEWS May 9, 2013: Melanie L. Campbell, president and CEO of The National Coalition on Black Civic Participation (The National Coalition) and convener of Black Women’s Roundtable issued the following statement in response to a U.S. Census Bureau report released yesterday finding that about two in three eligible blacks (66.2 percent) voted in the 2012 presidential election, higher than the 64.1 percent of non-Hispanic whites who did so.
SoulTracks and soul music fans around the world are taking action to support soulful music during ‘Soul Music Week’
DETROIT, Mich. /eNewsChannels/ — Online magazine SoulTracks and soul music fans around the world are taking action to support soul music, one of the most revered forms of music in the world. From Motown to Memphis, from James Brown to Jill Scott, ‘soul music’ is the sound of our lifetime.
Columbus NAACP and Minority Media Community Collaborative outraged at Time Warner Cable’s refusal to provide local minority programming
COLUMBUS, Ohio /eNewsChannels/ — A major press conference held Nov. 28, 2012 revealed that the Columbus NAACP and the Minority Media Community Collaborative (MMCC) are both outraged at Time Warner Cable’s continuous refusal to provide local minority programming. Evidence of this blatant disregard is Time Warner Cable’s refusal to carry Bounce 23 TV and Azteca Columbus TV, two broadcasters dedicated to serving the African American and Hispanic populations.
Minority Media Community Collaborative claims Time Warner Cable lacks local African American and other minority media programming in Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio /eNewsChannels/ — Cable giant Time Warner, with the recent acquisition of Insight Communications, now controls 90 percent of the cable viewing market in Columbus, Ohio. However, according to the Minority Media Community Collaborative (MMCC) it lacks local African American and other minority media programming. The MMCC consists of The Columbus NAACP, The Baptist Ministerial Alliance, The Haitian Catholic Coalition of Ohio, The Asian Chamber of Commerce and The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
SPRINGFIELD, Tenn. /eNewsChannels/ — Joe Baker, a Tennessee inmate, has been incarcerated for 24+ years. With the help of his family, Joe has developed a website where offenders can apologize to their victims online in a non-intrusive way. In his quest to make amends for his crime, Joe created the website The Apology Project and continues to give back for his wrongdoing and encourages other inmates to do the same.
Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation and Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series at Art Basel: John Waguespack to Represent San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — John Waguespack is the winner of the San Francisco portion of the 3rd Annual Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series for ‘Deconstructing Dandridge,’ a compelling portrait of the first African-American woman to be nominated for Best Actress in the Academy Awards.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — Keyboard wizard Kevin Toney is about to kick the temperature up in August several more degrees with a series of exciting ‘California Concerts.’ With the July 24 release of his classical jazz concept album ‘New American Suite’ by his new trio, The Kevin Toney 3, the acclaimed pianist will be showcased at The Ultimate Jazz Festival in Ontario, Calif. on August 5, followed at the end of the month by the official CD launch party/concert at Vitello’s in Studio City.
PORTLAND, Ore. /eNewsChannels/ — The Trayvon Martin murder may have grabbed national headlines over the course of 45 days, but it appears to have died down despite racial profiling and stand-your-ground, taunting black males daily. This travesty amid today’s hate-based politics inspires the release of LadyBoss-Amanishakhete’s (A-ma-ni-sha-kete) new single: ‘Murder 2012.’
PHOENIX, Ariz. /eNewsChannels/ — Author RAINMAN announces the release of his new book, ‘Black Man Hates Obama: OUTRAGED 2.0′ (ISBN: 978-1450793025; paperback, 269 pp; RainMan SEZ, LLC).
Hendriethfilm, Ltd., Enterprises founder and Merging Afro-American Indie Tops Tinsel Town with ‘King Kong’ Spoof
LOUISVILLE, Ky. /eNewsChannels/ — Hendrieth has created unprecedented special effects by a Black Filmmaker. A preview running time of four minutes and forty eight seconds is available on YouTube. Anyone can search by typing: King Kong Horror Comedy by dinosaurmoviefans. A Mini Trailer Movie Clip will appear.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. /eNewsChannels/ — Few knew, except for the late Samuel Z. Arkoff, this Indie’s success story of a non-traditional genre for an Afro-American. Names like Spike Lee and John Singleton are not known for such special effects. Yancey Hendrieth, of Hendriethfilm, Ltd., Enterprises, is a new breed of black filmmaker, having more in common with Dino De Laurentiis and Peter Jackson, creators of two ‘King Kong’ movies.
DALLAS, Texas /eNewsChannels/ — Radio personality, best-selling author, filmmaker, and leader of the successful civil rights march in Jena, LA, Michael Baisden not only talks the talk afternoons on his nationally syndicated ‘Michael Baisden Show’ he also walks the walk. Baisden recently announced his plans to give away a half-million dollars to small businesses and nonprofits via a ‘Million Dollar Business Pitch’ campaign. Listeners must tune into the radio show, Twitter, or FaceBook on November 28th for submission details.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — When filmmakers E. Raymond Brown and Williams Arntz first released the independent movie ‘Ghetto Physics’ in late 2010, they knew the film was an early battle cry, a wake up call to America and beyond. Distributed by Intention Media, owned by ‘What the BLEEP, Do We Know?’ filmmaker Betsy Chasse, the cutting edge hybrid documentary explored the dynamics of the ‘powers that be’ in laymen terms that the ‘man on the street’ could easily relate to.
Georgia Humanities Council, in partnership with the PBS series American Experience, joins organizations to screen ‘Freedom Riders’
ATLANTA, Ga. /eNewsChannels/ — The Georgia Humanities Council, in partnership with the PBS series American Experience, joins organizations in Albany, Atlanta and Savannah to screen ‘Freedom Riders,’ a new documentary by award-winning filmmaker Stanley Nelson.
- New iPhone App Assists in Designing Efficient, Safe LED Landscape Lighting Systems Fri, 24 Oct 2014
- In ‘The Remembered Self’ author M.J. Payne depicts the vicious world of sex trafficking of children and eventual recovery Thu, 23 Oct 2014
- EaseUS Todo Backup 7.5 offers the effective backup solutions for Storage Group and Mailbox database in Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Wed, 22 Oct 2014
- 22nd Annual Trucking Industry Defense Association Seminar to feature EPIC’s Michael Nischan on managing risk Wed, 22 Oct 2014
- John Walsh joins EPIC to further strengthen growing Risk Solutions Practice Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- AdaptRM Time Tracking and Invoicing service launches in beta Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- 13th Annual PULSE the Ultimate Halloween Bash to Scare Seattle at the EMP Museum Tue, 21 Oct 2014
- Opinion: My Day as a Douchebag Thu, 03 Jul 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- More Americans Seeking Long Term Care Insurance through Their Employers, says LTC experts ACSIA Partners Thu, 25 Sep 2014
- Educause 2014: Utelogy and Meru Networks Present Intelligent Campus Solutions Sat, 27 Sep 2014
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...
- Opinion: GOP versus USA
- The conservative cabal is wide-ranging and well-funded. Collaborating with their primary...
- Book Review: Making Socialism a Good Word Again John Scott G
- Book Review: Who’s in Charge of Our Laws? ‘Nobody’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 26 ~ Partie Vingt-Six John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 25 ~ Parte Venticinque John Scott G
- Book Review: People Deserve ‘A Fighting Chance’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 24 ~ Parte Veinticuatro John Scott G