SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced on the heels of the Y4 event on Friday, April 27 that unemployed youth may apply for the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) youth program. The program gives eligible youth access to educational and career opportunities and job skills programs through adult and peer mentoring and counseling.
Tag Archives | Workforce Investment Act
Workforce Investment Act, Multi-Sector Partnership National Emergency Grant has been expanded to include laid-off census workers
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced that a $1.5 million Workforce Investment Act, Multi-Sector Partnership National Emergency Grant has been expanded to include laid-off census workers. This grant has nearly 200 spaces available to fill by the close of June 30, 2012. Census workers who were laid off between September 21, 2010, and September 27, 2011 are eligible to apply at one of San Bernardino County’s Employment Resource Centers.
Partnership with California Employers Association provides no-cost consulting to San Bernardino county businesses
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board, through a partnership with the California Employers Association, has helped more than 100 businesses with no cost human resources consulting.
Local San Bernardino Businesses Hire 90 Percent of Graduates from Workforce Investment Act Funded Machining Course
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — Members of the first graduating class of Technical Employment Training, Inc. (TET) were unable to accept their diploma because they were already busy at their new jobs, reports the Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County.
- MCT Trading MCTlive! wins Mortgage Technology magazine 2014 Release of the Year Award Fri, 31 Oct 2014
- Energy Optimizers USA helps Adams County Ohio Valley Schools convert to energy saving solar technologies Thu, 30 Oct 2014
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth? Thu, 30 Oct 2014
- Somerset Hills and Somerset Valley YMCAs will formally join together to form one YMCA association Thu, 30 Oct 2014
- A decade of sports, entertainment and family selfies proves the Quik Pod is still the best Selfie Stick Thu, 30 Oct 2014
- Artist Anne Kerry Swank Angel Art Series Glorifies God, and is in the Vatican Wed, 29 Oct 2014
- New Book on Hip-Hop Legacy of SuperFly Magazine Publisher Gloria Goldwater Announced Wed, 29 Oct 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Starting Over Again offers employers a way to reduce losses due to Employee Divorces Mon, 06 Oct 2014
- The Gwinnett Choral Guild to present ‘A Diminished Mass’ by Scottish composer Alan A. Craig Tue, 30 Sep 2014
- N.Y. Event Planner Expo 2014 adds Celebrity Wedding Planner Colin Cowie as VIP Host Tue, 30 Sep 2014
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth?
- Every day from now until the GOP's anti-American political convention in the summer of 2016...
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...
- Book Review: Making Socialism a Good Word Again John Scott G
- Book Review: Who’s in Charge of Our Laws? ‘Nobody’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 26 ~ Partie Vingt-Six John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 25 ~ Parte Venticinque John Scott G
- Book Review: People Deserve ‘A Fighting Chance’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 24 ~ Parte Veinticuatro John Scott G