SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced on the heels of the Y4 event on Friday, April 27 that unemployed youth may apply for the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) youth program. The program gives eligible youth access to educational and career opportunities and job skills programs through adult and peer mentoring and counseling.
Tag Archives | Workforce Investment Act
Workforce Investment Act, Multi-Sector Partnership National Emergency Grant has been expanded to include laid-off census workers
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced that a $1.5 million Workforce Investment Act, Multi-Sector Partnership National Emergency Grant has been expanded to include laid-off census workers. This grant has nearly 200 spaces available to fill by the close of June 30, 2012. Census workers who were laid off between September 21, 2010, and September 27, 2011 are eligible to apply at one of San Bernardino County’s Employment Resource Centers.
Partnership with California Employers Association provides no-cost consulting to San Bernardino county businesses
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board, through a partnership with the California Employers Association, has helped more than 100 businesses with no cost human resources consulting.
Local San Bernardino Businesses Hire 90 Percent of Graduates from Workforce Investment Act Funded Machining Course
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /eNewsChannels/ — Members of the first graduating class of Technical Employment Training, Inc. (TET) were unable to accept their diploma because they were already busy at their new jobs, reports the Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County.
- Hungry, an online food-delivery portal, grows by accepting Bitcoin payments using Coinify Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- At CES 2015 Las Vegas, SecuGen Corp. to Showcase its New U20 and SDA04PX Fingerprint Sensors Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- Global DMS VP Jody Collup wins Women of Distinction Award Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- Recipients of NonProfit PR Grants for Worthy Causes 2014 announced by Neotrope Mon, 15 Dec 2014
- TekStream Solutions Offers Breakthrough Enterprise Contract Lifecycle Management for Oracle WebCenter Fri, 12 Dec 2014
- NCIT TransactAPI 2.0 is First Transaction Platform for Funding Portals, Broker-Dealers and Private Issuers Fri, 12 Dec 2014
- EPIC’s rapidly growing Employer Services Platform welcomes Shelley Dawson, Jon Greenstein and John Gaffney Thu, 11 Dec 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- Weitz and Luxenberg to launch investigation on alleged Chrysler vehicle danger from TIPM Computer Wed, 17 Sep 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- Karman Chan named new CFO at EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants in California Fri, 07 Nov 2014
- SOFA Chicago 2014 features Damian Guillot, owner of Aspen Art Gallery, and two of the gallery’s most established artists Fri, 07 Nov 2014
- Bank of Southern California, N.A. Acquires El Paseo Bank in Coachella Valley from FDIC Fri, 07 Nov 2014
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth?
- Every day from now until the GOP's anti-American political convention in the summer of 2016...
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...