SEATTLE, Wash. /eNewsChannels/ — Seattle-based Trans Marine Propulsion Systems, Inc. (TMPS), known worldwide for their diesel service and engineering department, has secured a sales and service agreement from Valley Power Systems for the Volvo Penta Industrial Diesel line. TMPS will be providing sales and service for the west coast of the United States, which includes Alaska and Hawaii. This agreement also extends to British Columbia, Canada.
Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for marine and industrial applications, and TMPS – a signed dealer under Valley Power Systems, Inc. – is an international port of call service facility with technicians on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
“The combination of service, spare parts and product is a win-win for both companies,” says Shane Roeser, President of TMPS. “We are excited about the new arrangement. Being a partner with such a strong organization as the Volvo Group gives us clear advantages. We have the flexibility of a small organization together with the technical support from Volvo to fuel our growth and provide our customer base more diesel engine options.”
TMPS has locations in Seattle, Washington and Tampa, Florida. “We can service most makes and types of diesel engines, including medium-speed and slow-speed engines for the marine industry and for diesel power plants,” says Herbert Roeser, TMPS’s Chairman. “We are one of the world’s few service facilities that offer this range of experience.”
More information on Trans Marine Propulsion Systems, Inc. and the Volvo Penta Diesel Line is available at www.transmarine.org or 206-282-9142.
The company’s service highlights include:
* Technical management of fleet of fishing vessels operating out of Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
* The “Marine Columbia,” a vessel owned by Alaska Tanker Company. TMPS carried out complete turnkey overhaul on the low-speed main engine together with representatives from MAN B&W Diesel as well as the complete overhaul of the Daihatsu generator engines.
* Long term maintenance program for Sea-Land’s D-9 vessels, including regular scheduled main engine overhauls and planned maintenance on the Daihatsu generator engines through parts exchange and rotation program.
“We’re excited about expanding our expertise to the Volvo Penta line,” says Shane Roeser. “Our facilities include modern, fully-equipped machine shops staffed by highly-trained personnel, and the addition of a new diesel product line complements the other companies TMPS represents.” Not only does the line complement TMPS’s current lineup, but, Mr. Roeser stated, “our shop can handle the overhaul and recondition of all diesel engine components, including fuel equipment, not just from the product line we distribute, and we’re glad to provide quotations for service and sales needs.”
Routine services performed include:
* Overhaul & Reconditioning of All 4-Stroke Diesel Engine Components:
* Cylinder heads
* Cylinder liners
* Fuel pumps and injectors
* Connecting Rods
* Engine driven pumps
Overhaul of 2-Stroke Components:
* Cylinder cover
* Piston crown
* Exhaust valve spindle
* Exhaust valve.
* Vibration analysis
* Diesel engine analysis
* Failure analysis
* Propulsion system integration
* Expert Testimony
The company is the authorized sales and service center for the following original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s):
* MAN B&W Diesel, Alpha Propulsion Systems
* Kobelco Eagle Engineering
* Schwingungstechnik Broneske Gmbh
A list of key clients and testimonials may be found at http://www.transmarine.org/about-us/testimonials/clients .
Copyright © 2011 Neotrope® News Network – all rights reserved.