OPINION: People see the GOP as an out-of-touch, uncaring, heartless, backward, ignorant, and dangerous group of people who drape themselves in the flag as they pursue an ugly and vicious form of anti-Americanism. The GOP can’t figure out why.
Tag Archives | News: Politics
ARTICLE: Sense, sensibility, sarcasm, and spot-on skewering of political blowhards and buffoons: welcome to the writing of Molly Ivins. Beginning as a staff writer for the scrappy Texas Observer before moving on to the major-market New York Times, Molly Ivins enjoyed a brilliant career that raised the collective consciousness about US politics.
OPINION: We all know someone who is not quite “all there.” The normal human connections with the world are missing, twisted, or distorted. Interacting with these people is often tense or even disturbing because their reactions and statements are at odds with reality. But imagine if an entire nation had to interact with people like […]
REVIEW: Jonathan Haidt grabs onto the twin time-bombs of American punditry, politics and religion, and does so from an amazingly optimistic point-of-view. He combines his sunny disposition with a bit of psychology and a ton of research. Unfortunately, there are too many GOP-inspired missteps in an otherwise interesting book. You have to admire Jonathan Haidt […]
eNewsChannels BOOK SERIAL: “Secret Sex, A Book Alive Online,” written and lived by John Scott G: Chapter 48 – “Stardust” (conclusion). Previously on “Secret Sex” – Birth. Near-death experiences. Coping with stoopid. Encounters with evil. Sex (teasing), sex (real), and sex (secret). Marriage. Betrayal. Raising and learning from The Kid. Writing (hype), writing (beyond hype […]
REVIEW: The litany of deceit, stupidity, outrage, and perfidy from the lone-brain-cell state is remarkably terrifying, yet Gail Collins is such a good writer that she makes you laugh about it on nearly every page. Her book is witty and insightful while regaling you with true tales that are funny in both senses of the […]
eNewsChannels Column: The know-nothings really need to have a few facts presented to them, as you’ll find if you try to have a reasonable discussion with a Republican. I have overheard several discussions recently between conservatives and liberals, between corporatists and populists, between regressives and progressives, between troglodytes and modernists, and between Republicans and normal […]
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Too many times, the use of words such as ‘patriot’ and ‘patriotism’ comes from a highly politicized place. The terms become part of campaign speeches or commercials. Let’s examine some acts that can be accurately called patriotic.
eNewsChannels COLUMN: A guilty-as-charged politician gets advice about his court case. A campaign contribution is made to obtain more community service. This is how it works at the local level. Note: all names in this article have been changed.
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Politics is sometimes the art of perception. If you can define the way people discuss a topic, you are a few steps closer to influencing how they vote on it. All political parties attempt to do this, of course, but some teams are better at it than others. A man named Frank Luntz […]
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Ideas and opinions come flying at you non-stop in Mark Morford’s essays. His eye-opening concepts are presented with slashing images and hyperbolic language. This results in delightful shock waves for the brain and jarring karma for the soul.
- Mortgage compliance services provider The Compliance Group names Jeremy Burcham as Chief Strategy Officer Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Ultimate Guide to Interviewing and Negotiating – 2015 Edition, offers simple straightforward system for making sure you are continually at your best Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Ohio’s Energy Optimizers USA earns spot on 2014 INC 5000 list Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- The Stetson Mansion Christmas Spectacular features over-the-top designer decorations from around the world Sat, 18 Oct 2014
- NASA 75th Anniversary Open House: ImmersiON-VRelia to exhibit NASA space exploration experience Fri, 17 Oct 2014
- Leawo Software officially announces Blu-ray Player Win/Mac V1.8 Fri, 17 Oct 2014
- United Wholesale Mortgage Named to HousingWire Magazine’s 2014 HW Fast50 List Thu, 16 Oct 2014
- Opinion: My Day as a Douchebag Thu, 03 Jul 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- Opinion: Pro vs. Con is a Matter of Fact vs. Belief Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Ambassador Nancy Powell Appointed as Ebola Coordinator for U.S. Department of State Wed, 24 Sep 2014
- Francesca Recchia’s Kurdistan Memoir ‘Picnic in a Minefield’ Published by Foxhead Books Wed, 24 Sep 2014
- Randsburg Art Gallery ‘Goes Rogue’ to support all world-class artists Wed, 24 Sep 2014
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...
- Opinion: GOP versus USA
- The conservative cabal is wide-ranging and well-funded. Collaborating with their primary...
- Book Review: Making Socialism a Good Word Again John Scott G
- Book Review: Who’s in Charge of Our Laws? ‘Nobody’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 26 ~ Partie Vingt-Six John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 25 ~ Parte Venticinque John Scott G
- Book Review: People Deserve ‘A Fighting Chance’ John Scott G
- Fiction: Area Code 666 – Part 24 ~ Parte Veinticuatro John Scott G