OPINION: People see the GOP as an out-of-touch, uncaring, heartless, backward, ignorant, and dangerous group of people who drape themselves in the flag as they pursue an ugly and vicious form of anti-Americanism. The GOP can’t figure out why.
Tag Archives | News: Politics
ARTICLE: Sense, sensibility, sarcasm, and spot-on skewering of political blowhards and buffoons: welcome to the writing of Molly Ivins. Beginning as a staff writer for the scrappy Texas Observer before moving on to the major-market New York Times, Molly Ivins enjoyed a brilliant career that raised the collective consciousness about US politics.
OPINION: We all know someone who is not quite “all there.” The normal human connections with the world are missing, twisted, or distorted. Interacting with these people is often tense or even disturbing because their reactions and statements are at odds with reality. But imagine if an entire nation had to interact with people like […]
REVIEW: Jonathan Haidt grabs onto the twin time-bombs of American punditry, politics and religion, and does so from an amazingly optimistic point-of-view. He combines his sunny disposition with a bit of psychology and a ton of research. Unfortunately, there are too many GOP-inspired missteps in an otherwise interesting book. You have to admire Jonathan Haidt […]
eNewsChannels BOOK SERIAL: “Secret Sex, A Book Alive Online,” written and lived by John Scott G: Chapter 48 – “Stardust” (conclusion). Previously on “Secret Sex” – Birth. Near-death experiences. Coping with stoopid. Encounters with evil. Sex (teasing), sex (real), and sex (secret). Marriage. Betrayal. Raising and learning from The Kid. Writing (hype), writing (beyond hype […]
REVIEW: The litany of deceit, stupidity, outrage, and perfidy from the lone-brain-cell state is remarkably terrifying, yet Gail Collins is such a good writer that she makes you laugh about it on nearly every page. Her book is witty and insightful while regaling you with true tales that are funny in both senses of the […]
eNewsChannels Column: The know-nothings really need to have a few facts presented to them, as you’ll find if you try to have a reasonable discussion with a Republican. I have overheard several discussions recently between conservatives and liberals, between corporatists and populists, between regressives and progressives, between troglodytes and modernists, and between Republicans and normal […]
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Too many times, the use of words such as ‘patriot’ and ‘patriotism’ comes from a highly politicized place. The terms become part of campaign speeches or commercials. Let’s examine some acts that can be accurately called patriotic.
eNewsChannels COLUMN: A guilty-as-charged politician gets advice about his court case. A campaign contribution is made to obtain more community service. This is how it works at the local level. Note: all names in this article have been changed.
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Politics is sometimes the art of perception. If you can define the way people discuss a topic, you are a few steps closer to influencing how they vote on it. All political parties attempt to do this, of course, but some teams are better at it than others. A man named Frank Luntz […]
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Ideas and opinions come flying at you non-stop in Mark Morford’s essays. His eye-opening concepts are presented with slashing images and hyperbolic language. This results in delightful shock waves for the brain and jarring karma for the soul.
- Opinion: GOP Presidential Campaign Slogans Fri, 27 Feb 2015
- Aspen Art Gallery launches Emerging Artist Program benefitting Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver Fri, 27 Feb 2015
- United Wholesale Mortgage Enhances its UTRACK Loan Tracking Technology for Wholesale Lenders Fri, 27 Feb 2015
- MeetingOne Web Conferencing Free for 30 Days to U.S. Businesses affected by 2015 Snowstorms Fri, 27 Feb 2015
- Pat Brown named Project Manager for SummerPlace Development by PDC CEO Emilio N. Francisco Fri, 27 Feb 2015
- Tammy Mission of EPIC Insurance named a 2015 Industry ‘Power Broker’ by Risk & Insurance Thu, 26 Feb 2015
- Anthem Inc. Customer Data Breach Lawsuit May Help Kids, Too, says Weitz & Luxenberg Wed, 25 Feb 2015
- Former N.Y. Jet and Marine Wayne Wicka pens autobiography inspired by time with Coach Pete Carroll and New England Patriots Thu, 29 Jan 2015
- EaseUS Software anounces its new Todo Backup 8.0 with New Backup Technology Fri, 19 Dec 2014
- Political Earthquake Super PAC Supports Governor Sarah Palin’s Leadership for America Thu, 08 Jan 2015
- Eco Engineering acquires Lighting Optimizers, USA Mon, 26 Jan 2015
- Custom plastic injection molding firm, Proto Plastics, re-invents their web presence to better serve clients Mon, 26 Jan 2015
- Lilybrides helps new brides get beautiful bespoke wedding dresses direct from the manufacturer Tue, 27 Jan 2015
- Kent Collier, J.D. joins Greyling Insurance Brokerage and Risk Consulting Tue, 03 Feb 2015
- Opinion: GOP Presidential Campaign Slogans
- The clown car carnival is upon us! Yes, the brigade of braggarts hoping for the GOP...
- Opinion: Sincerely-Held Beliefs – Religiosity is an odious mistake of candidates from both major political parties
- Religiosity is an odious mistake of candidates from both major political parties but is...
- IMAGINE: Earthrising in 2015 Through Love Songs!
- EARTHRISING is a Series on How we can lift each other up higher and higher through harnessing...