OPINION: People see the GOP as an out-of-touch, uncaring, heartless, backward, ignorant, and dangerous group of people who drape themselves in the flag as they pursue an ugly and vicious form of anti-Americanism. The GOP can’t figure out why.
Tag Archives | News: Politics
ARTICLE: Sense, sensibility, sarcasm, and spot-on skewering of political blowhards and buffoons: welcome to the writing of Molly Ivins. Beginning as a staff writer for the scrappy Texas Observer before moving on to the major-market New York Times, Molly Ivins enjoyed a brilliant career that raised the collective consciousness about US politics.
OPINION: We all know someone who is not quite “all there.” The normal human connections with the world are missing, twisted, or distorted. Interacting with these people is often tense or even disturbing because their reactions and statements are at odds with reality. But imagine if an entire nation had to interact with people like […]
REVIEW: Jonathan Haidt grabs onto the twin time-bombs of American punditry, politics and religion, and does so from an amazingly optimistic point-of-view. He combines his sunny disposition with a bit of psychology and a ton of research. Unfortunately, there are too many GOP-inspired missteps in an otherwise interesting book. You have to admire Jonathan Haidt […]
eNewsChannels BOOK SERIAL: “Secret Sex, A Book Alive Online,” written and lived by John Scott G: Chapter 48 – “Stardust” (conclusion). Previously on “Secret Sex” – Birth. Near-death experiences. Coping with stoopid. Encounters with evil. Sex (teasing), sex (real), and sex (secret). Marriage. Betrayal. Raising and learning from The Kid. Writing (hype), writing (beyond hype […]
REVIEW: The litany of deceit, stupidity, outrage, and perfidy from the lone-brain-cell state is remarkably terrifying, yet Gail Collins is such a good writer that she makes you laugh about it on nearly every page. Her book is witty and insightful while regaling you with true tales that are funny in both senses of the […]
eNewsChannels Column: The know-nothings really need to have a few facts presented to them, as you’ll find if you try to have a reasonable discussion with a Republican. I have overheard several discussions recently between conservatives and liberals, between corporatists and populists, between regressives and progressives, between troglodytes and modernists, and between Republicans and normal […]
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Too many times, the use of words such as ‘patriot’ and ‘patriotism’ comes from a highly politicized place. The terms become part of campaign speeches or commercials. Let’s examine some acts that can be accurately called patriotic.
eNewsChannels COLUMN: A guilty-as-charged politician gets advice about his court case. A campaign contribution is made to obtain more community service. This is how it works at the local level. Note: all names in this article have been changed.
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Politics is sometimes the art of perception. If you can define the way people discuss a topic, you are a few steps closer to influencing how they vote on it. All political parties attempt to do this, of course, but some teams are better at it than others. A man named Frank Luntz […]
eNewsChannels COLUMN: Ideas and opinions come flying at you non-stop in Mark Morford’s essays. His eye-opening concepts are presented with slashing images and hyperbolic language. This results in delightful shock waves for the brain and jarring karma for the soul.
- Seattle Roofer Aaron Zarling is now Testing the Use of Drones for Surveying Storm Damage Thu, 18 Dec 2014
- Think Through Learning Announces Winning Schools of 6th Annual Idaho Math Cup Thu, 18 Dec 2014
- $20-Million Verdict against Burnham, LLC for Mesothelioma Victim won by Weitz and Luxenberg Thu, 18 Dec 2014
- Hungry, an online food-delivery portal, grows by accepting Bitcoin payments using Coinify Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- At CES 2015 Las Vegas, SecuGen Corp. to Showcase its New U20 and SDA04PX Fingerprint Sensors Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- Global DMS VP Jody Collup wins Women of Distinction Award Wed, 17 Dec 2014
- Recipients of NonProfit PR Grants for Worthy Causes 2014 announced by Neotrope Mon, 15 Dec 2014
- Pro golfer John Daly signs endorsement deal with online retailer Rock Bottom Golf Mon, 20 Oct 2014
- Seventy Cats Dead in Pennsylvania from Alleged Animal Abuser Fri, 29 Aug 2014
- Weitz and Luxenberg to launch investigation on alleged Chrysler vehicle danger from TIPM Computer Wed, 17 Sep 2014
- Breakthroughs in Biblical Research Revealed in New Book, Science Proving Creationism Tue, 02 Sep 2014
- As Part of ‘Operation Gratitude’ Spodak Dental Group to Collect Halloween Candy for Troops Overseas Wed, 05 Nov 2014
- Houston-based Acoustic Pop Music Artist ‘Mic Tunez’ Announces His Debut Acoustic Album: SIMPLIFIED Wed, 05 Nov 2014
- Now in Kindle Edition ‘What to Do If You’re Unemployed or Have Age Concerns – 2015 Edition’ Mon, 10 Nov 2014
- Opinion: GOP Speech for All Seasons – GOP Truthiness – What if a RWNJ Told the Truth?
- Every day from now until the GOP's anti-American political convention in the summer of 2016...
- Opinion: Conservatism Kills
- The policies, positions, and practices of Conservatives can be immensely helpful to you --...
- Opinion: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords’ gift to a Mercury-Free America!
- Senator Jim Jeffords, my fellow Rutland Vermont skier, just passed on at 80, but his heroic...