WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — Next week, the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs will welcome approximately 135 emerging international journalists from 90 countries for the seventh annual Edward R. Murrow Program for Journalists. The Murrow program is an innovative public-private partnership between the U.S. Department of State, the Aspen Institute, and [...]
Tag Archives | U.S. Department of State
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State, in conjunction with Wikimania 2012, will host a conference focusing on collaborative knowledge and the use of wikis in the public sector at Tech@State: Wiki.Gov on July 12-13, 2012. The event is open to the public and scheduled for Thursday, July 12 from 11:30 a.m. – [...]
LOS ANGELES, Calif. /California Newswire/ — On February 17, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden and Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping visited the International Studies Learning Center (ISLC), a public middle and high school in South Gate, California, within the Los Angeles Unified School District. Continue reading →
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State will present the thirteenth annual Secretary of State’s Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE) on January 18, 2012, during a ceremony in the Benjamin Franklin Room of the Harry S. Truman building, Washington, DC. The ceremony will start at 11:00 a.m. and will be followed by a reception in the Thomas Jefferson Room.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — Today, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton imposed sanctions on three companies under the Iran Sanctions Act, as amended by the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act (CISADA), for conducting business with Iran’s energy sector.
U.S. Department of State Announces Second International Sports Exchange with the Democratic Republic of the Congo
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs announced today the second international sports exchange with the Democratic Republic of the Congo that includes 20 boys and girls basketball players and coaches.
U.S. Department of State Announces DanceMotion USA Tour Dates to Launch Second Season, Engage Underserved Youth at Jan. 12 Event in Washington, D.C.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and the Brooklyn Academy of Music announced today the tour dates of the second season of DanceMotion USA(SM). A launch event for this people-to-people exchange will take place January 12 at 3:00 p.m. at Dance Place 3225 8th Street, NE, Washington, D.C., where the American dance companies will engage with Washington, D.C. area youth.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), in partnership with the Institute of International Education, marks the tenth anniversary of the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The Department of State’s Office of Medical Services and the U.S. Coast Guard’s Health, Safety and Work-Life Directorate recently signed an interagency agreement to share an Integrated Health Information System (IHiS), which includes a commercial electronic health record, Epic.
U.S. Department of State Honors Nathan Collett of the United States as State Alumni Member of the Month
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State selected Nathan Collett, a U.S. alumnus of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) Fulbright Student Program, as State Alumni Member of the Month.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The United States is pleased to announce an innovative partnership between the U.S. Department of State, the Government of Brazil, and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to develop and promote an anti-racism curriculum entitled “Teaching Respect for All.” The “Teaching Respect for All” curriculum will be developed [...]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — As part of our engagement with emerging African partners in addressing the challenge of climate change, the U.S. Department of State will sponsor Apps4Africa: Climate Challenge, a public diplomacy program comprised of three African regional competitions to address local climate change challenges through the use of mobile technology.
US Dept. of State, the George W. Bush Institute, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and the Joint U.N. Programme on HIV/AIDS Announce New Women’s Health Initiative
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State, the George W. Bush Institute, the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) will today announce Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon, an innovative partnership to leverage public and private investment in global health to combat cervical and breast cancer.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — Ambassador Robert Mikulak, the U.S. Representative to the OPCW (Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons) will lead the U.S. delegation at the Conference on International Cooperation and Chemical Safety and Security in The Hague on September 12 and 13.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — In an important symbol of America’s commitment to an enduring friendship with Latvia, as well as our bilateral relationship with the Government of Latvia, the new United States Embassy facility officially opened in Riga today.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — In a press statement from Hillary Rodham Clinton, U.S. Secretary of State: “In situations of conflict and instability around the world, humanitarians stand up against violence, human suffering and indifference. On this World Humanitarian Day, we honor their sacrifice. Whether by defending their own neighbors, or helping to save lives in distant countries in conflict, the work of humanitarians is an essential component to promoting peace and stability around the world.”
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — Recognizing the need for inclusiveness in the world of sports and people-to-people exchanges, the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs announced today that it will bring 14 athletes from Kazakhstan to the United States to participate in an inaugural exchange for athletes with physical disabilities.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs will welcome a group of 66 young leaders from 21 countries to the United States on August 16 to take part in a newly launched Community Solutions Program. The program is a professional development program for people working in the [...]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The Department of State’s Office of International Religious Freedom in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor awarded a $200,000 grant to the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) to conduct a project that documents anti-Semitism, Holocaust denial and Holocaust glorification in the Middle East. This grant will enable MEMRI [...]
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs will welcome the first-ever group of Youth Ambassadors from Haiti to the United States on August 7.
WASHINGTON, D.C. /eNewsChannels/ — The U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce the selection of the two U.S. representatives for the 7th United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Youth Forum. Blair Brettschneider of Chicago, Illinois and Andrew Hanna of Jacksonville, Florida will travel to UNESCO Headquarters in Paris this October to participate in the biennial conference.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The U.S. Department of State will host a tour of the future site of the San Diego Passport Agency on August 10, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. PDT. Anticipated guests …
- LTC Financial Partners announces a five-part ‘solution set’ for Americans learning to cope with dementia, which includes Alzheimer’s Wed, 19 Jun 2013
- Calif. Governor Brown Announces Appointments for June 18, 2013 including to the California Scientific Guidance Panel Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- Quandis Inc Web-based Technology to Automate Short Sale Transactions selected by PennyMac Financial Services, Inc Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- First iPhone data recovery app to support Apple iOS 7 announced by EaseUS Software Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- Calif. Gov. Brown Announces Appointments for June 17, 2013 including California Natural Resources Agency Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Velplex LLC’s Discount Dental Supply eCommerce Platform ‘TopProdeals’ helps Medical Pros Manage Costs Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- SF Mayor Lee and New York City Mayor Bloomberg to Co-Host Second Annual Bloomberg Technology Summit Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Dallas HD Video Production Company Announces New Name: Phillips MediaSource, previously known as Phillips Productions, Inc. Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Understanding Healthcare Reform is second healthcare video for employers from Edgewood Partners Insurance Center Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Whiteflash Inc announces Pinterest Jewelery Contest: Be a Tacori Girl! Follow, Repin, and WIN! Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Dance Prodigy and TV star from ‘Dance Moms’ Sophia Lucia will Attempt to Break Guinness World Record Fri, 22 Mar 2013
- The National Inclusion Project, co-founded by entertainer Clay Aiken, announces it is recipient of JL Simmons NonProfit PR Grant Tue, 23 Apr 2013
- San Francisco’s First New Fire Station in More Than 40 Years to Meet Safety Needs of Vibrant, Growing Neighborhood Thu, 28 Mar 2013
- During National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month Southgate Surgery Center Offers Low and No-Cost Colonoscopies in Michigan Thu, 28 Feb 2013
- US Secretary of State John Kerry announces Ira Forman will serve as the Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism Mon, 20 May 2013
- Supporters take to Social Media to Promote Archbishop of Manila Cardinal Luis Tagle for Pope Wed, 06 Mar 2013
- Viet Nam veteran and citizen tax reform advocate, John C. Garrison, decries IRS denial of U.S. Workers’ deduction of living expense Mon, 01 Apr 2013
- GROW Elect welcomes Josh Valdez, DBA to Board, will help to Ensure California Latino Republican Voices Are Heard Thu, 28 Mar 2013
- Neotrope to assist Food Finders Inc to Redistribute Food Donated by California Hospitality Industry and Local Grocers to Fight Hunger Fri, 19 Apr 2013
- Calif. Assemblyman Gatto’s Resolution to Overturn Citizens United Decision Passes First Major Legislative Hurdle Tue, 02 Apr 2013
- Sarah: Who is Kerry going to appoint to combat the worldw...
- neotrope: We're very pleased to help this great nonprofit i...
- april: This is wonderful news! Congratulations to the Nat...
- Linda Davidson: I will pass on and encourage people to "Thank Mot...
- neotrope: We're super happy to be helping this worthy cause...
- Michael Farris: The process for proposing and ratifying a constitu...
- Devany: In order to enforce a judgment against you the she...
- college textbooks: It's a huge contribution indeed! The book written...
- Jillian: What channel is it on? Good luck Sopia!! ...
- Alan Murfee: Despite being very old, it is nice to know that th...
You Might Like
- Congress: Honor Senator Lautenberg and Generations by signing his Chemical Safety Improvement Act!
- OPINION: New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg(D), a phenomenal champion of American Children and...
- GOP Extreme: Book Review of ‘It’s Even Worse than it Looks’ by Thomas E. Mann and Norman J. Ornstein
- REVIEW: Want to know how and why Washington is such a mess? Two respected analysts of...
- How ‘The People’ Can Beat Iranian-American Peace Drums
- ARTICLE: In 1977, fellow Olympic skier Billy Kidd and I had an adventure of a lifetime, skiing...